Input list doesn't load

Hi Paul,

I run the latest version, 9.8.28 if I remember well.
Yes I’ve cleared my browser cache, tried changing it with another one and from another PC.
I’ve solved the issue with multigraph by clearing the cache few days ago but the input issue still remains.
The only thing I can see from that page is the spinning wheel over a blank page (excluding the header and the footer).

Can you provide more info? There are a number of questions asked in this thread.

is the issue exactly the same as when you had it before? I do not mean are the “input page not loading” symptoms the same, are the results of the tests the same?

1. input/list.json: no result at all, blank page

2. About pecl.php.net/redis-2.2.5

==============================
    Release Type PECL-style PHP extension (source code)
    Name redis
    Channel pecl.php.net
    Summary PHP extension for interfacing with Redis
    Description This extension allows php applications to
    communicate with the Redis persistent key-value
    store. The php-redis module provides an easy
    object oriented interface.
    Maintainers Nicolas Favre-Felix [email protected]
    (lead)
    Michael Grunder [email protected]
    (lead)
    Release Date 2014-03-19 15:41:37
    Release Version 2.2.5 (stable)
    API Version 2.2.5 (stable)
    License PHP (PHP: License Information)
    Release Notes phpredis 2.2.5

This is a minor release with several bug fixes
                       as well as additions to support
                       new commands that have been introduced to Redis
                       since our last release.

A special thanks to everyone who helps the
                       project by commenting on issues and
                       submitting pull requests!  :)

[NEW] Support for the BITPOS command
                       [NEW] Connection timeout option for RedisArray
                       (@MikeToString)
                       [NEW] A _serialize method, to complement our
                       existing _unserialize method
                       [NEW] Support for the PUBSUB command
                       [NEW] Support for SCAN, SSCAN, HSCAN, and ZSCAN
                       [NEW] Support for the WAIT command

[FIX] Handle the COPY and REPLACE arguments for
                       the MIGRATE command

[DOC] Fix syntax error in documentation for the
                       SET command (@mithunsatheesh)
                       [DOC] Homebrew documentation instructions
                       (@mathias)

Required Dependencies PHP version 5.2.0-6.0.0
    PEAR installer version 1.4.0b1 or newer
    Not Compatible with PHP versions
    package.xml version 2.0
    Last Modified 2014-09-06 17:21
    Previous Installed - None -

3. sure I did

4. {"emontx3":{"power1":{"id":"1","processList":"2:-1,3:-6,24:0,1:21,4:22,5:42,22:2,24:0,1:65,4:66,5:68"},"power2":{"id":"2","processList":"1:25,4:26,5:43,11:1,3:-6,24:0,1:59,4:60,5:69"},"power3":{"id":"3","processList":"1:27,4:28,5:44"},"power4":{"id":"4","processList":"24:0,1:29,4:30,5:45"},"vrms":{"id":"29","processList":""},"temp1":{"id":"30","processList":""},"temp2":{"id":"31","processList":""},"temp3":{"id":"32","processList":""},"temp4":{"id":"33","processList":""},"temp5":{"id":"34","processList":""},"temp6":{"id":"35","processList":""},"pulse":{"id":"36","processList":""},"rssi":{"id":"37","processList":""}},"emonth6":{"temperature":{"id":"20","processList":"1:34"},"humidity":{"id":"22","processList":"1:35"},"external temperature":{"id":"38","processList":""},"battery":{"id":"39","processList":""},"pulsecount":{"id":"40","processList":""},"rssi":{"id":"41","processList":""}},"28":{"1":{"id":"48","processList":""},"2":{"id":"49","processList":""},"3":{"id":"50","processList":""},"4":{"id":"51","processList":""},"5":{"id":"52","processList":""},"6":{"id":"53","processList":""},"7":{"id":"54","processList":""},"8":{"id":"55","processList":""},"9":{"id":"56","processList":""},"10":{"id":"57","processList":""},"11":{"id":"58","processList":""},"12":{"id":"59","processList":""},"13":{"id":"60","processList":""},"14":{"id":"61","processList":""},"15":{"id":"62","processList":""},"16":{"id":"63","processList":""},"17":{"id":"64","processList":""},"18":{"id":"65","processList":""},"19":{"id":"66","processList":""},"20":{"id":"67","processList":""},"21":{"id":"68","processList":""},"22":{"id":"69","processList":""},"23":{"id":"70","processList":""},"24":{"id":"71","processList":""},"25":{"id":"72","processList":""},"26":{"id":"73","processList":""},"27":{"id":"74","processList":""},"28":{"id":"75","processList":""},"29":{"id":"76","processList":""},"rssi":{"id":"77","processList":""}},"29":{"1":{"id":"78","processList":""},"2":{"id":"79","processList":""},"3":{"id":"80","processList":""},"4":{"id":"81","processList":""},"5":{"id":"82","processList":""},"6":{"id":"83","processList":""},"7":{"id":"84","processList":""},"8":{"id":"85","processList":""},"9":{"id":"86","processList":""},"10":{"id":"87","processList":""},"11":{"id":"88","processList":""},"12":{"id":"89","processList":""},"13":{"id":"90","processList":""},"14":{"id":"91","processList":""},"15":{"id":"92","processList":""},"16":{"id":"93","processList":""},"17":{"id":"94","processList":""},"18":{"id":"95","processList":""},"19":{"id":"96","processList":""},"20":{"id":"97","processList":""},"rssi":{"id":"98","processList":""}}}

The error I get is exactly the same I had and fixed few months ago…unfortunately I don’t know when it happened again because I don’t check input page so often…I just needed to edit a value so few days ago I went there. Let me know if you need anything else

Hi guys, any hint?

Have you added the two lines as suggested in post 49: Input list doesn't load - #49 by Boye

Remember to put your emonPi in read/write mode before adding the lines…

best regards
Henrik

No I haven’t but I’ve just tried and it works, thank you man!

Those 2 lines have been in emoncms since May 2017 (v9.8.6), if they were not there for you, you are not running the updated/latest version. If you believe you were, then you should check for local changes that may be blocking the previous updates, just as this edit will block future updates.

That was specifically why I asked

I’m actually (and I was) on 9.3.8, the fix on 9.8.6 worked correctly at that time for this issue…I sincerly don’t know what happened after that. I haven’t blocked anything on purpose and I haven’t manually edited anything before.

hi @pb66, I write this just to inform you that after an update (emonbase update) I’m facing this issue again…I suppose I need to edit that file to fix it…

It looks like the previous fix has been removed again in a later commit.

I have submitted a PR for consideration, but it’s untested as I’m not able to recreate the issue. Perhaps you could test by manually adding a line as done previously, but in a different place as the code is different now.

Please let us know if it works, perhaps @TrystanLea can review the change.

thanks @pb66, pull request merged

1 Like

If you just stumbled here from google like I did, and you JUST installed emoncms, if your emoncms database is a new database and no inputs or devices are yet configured. Then this will happen to you as well.

The solution is to Goto Admin, click the drop down arrow next to Full Update, and next click Update Database Only.

It will create the necessary tables in your new database.

How did you do the install? The last thing EmonScript does is run that exact command so the database should be there ready.

I seen that the official install method was to install it so that the user can issue sudo without password, didnt really like that so I followed this one:

That guide is not a complete step by step but I know enough about Linux to make that install method work. I can write up a short guide later.

This is only for instances where you are using a ‘Shared Hosting’ environment i.e. not on your own machine/RPi etc.

I’m not surprised it doesn’t work.

What hardware are you using?

Not to mention that a “paswordless sudo” is easy to change to a “password required” sudo.
A small change to one line in /etc/sudoers is all that’s necessary.

Yes you could always change it back.

I will admit it is a bit of a hack but within a home network does not pose any real risk. If you use Raspbian, this is how the default user is setup, hence the change for other Debian distros.

If someone with more knowledge than me would like to suggest modifications to the scripts such that sudo is not needed on Debian (but still works with Raspbian) we’d be open to exploring that.

I have everything working good now :slight_smile: I am using an Arduino Due. emoncms is running on a server with Ubuntu 18.04.

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread but it looked like this is exactly the issue I’m facing.

I had the rpi eat an SD card so did a fresh re-install from emonSD-24Jul20.img on a new SD card and when trying to set up the inputs it just hangs at “Loading”. I thought maybe I’d done something stupid so since it wasn’t configured just rewrote the image but the same thing happened - the input list will not load.

Looking in the javascript console I see the following error:

vue.min.js:6 ReferenceError: col_h is not defined
    at eval (eval at Ya (vue.min.js:1), <anonymous>:3:3920)
    at wn.vt [as _l] (vue.min.js:6)
    at eval (eval at Ya (vue.min.js:1), <anonymous>:3:2718)
    at wn.vt [as _l] (vue.min.js:6)
    at wn.eval (eval at Ya (vue.min.js:1), <anonymous>:3:80)
    at wn.e._render (vue.min.js:6)
    at wn.r (vue.min.js:6)
    at fn.get (vue.min.js:6)
    at fn.run (vue.min.js:6)
    at un (vue.min.js:6)

I found if I had the console open I could catch the error and the rest would render but thought it worth flagging here regardless as this is a fresh install.