Howto insert LIVE stream video ( RTSP and other) into your dashboards

perhaps use this Connect to Westmile cameras to create a a rtsp with log on

use the link other to create your RTSP URL and see if that works for you

@Ondrej_Nedelka I could be wrong but I think your camera only works via the internet through the manufacturers nominated server. I have what looks to be a very similar model. Nice camera for the price but has some limitations.

Hello Guys,

So, i got a new IP Cam, the rtsp stream works now with the VXG Player, but only on PC.

Do some of you know, hot to parse rtsp to different format on raspberry pi? I will need some sort of tutorial, step-by-step thingy or something like that. I’m still learining using RPi.

Thanks for support :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

Thanks for using our Chrome Plug-in. As you may have noticed, browsers have slowly been removing third party plugins. This appears to be happening with VXG Chrome Plug-in as well.

Noticing this trend, our engineering team have developed a solution that will work in all major browsers, without a plugin. If you visit our website - www.videoexpertsgroup.com and sign up for our dashboard, you will be given the option to download something called the VXG Gateway. This seems to be an adequate substitution for our Plug-in customers.

Feel free to email us at [email protected]
Thanks.

Hello,

First time poster here. This topic caught my eye as we have been trying to determine how to stream video for a while now.

We have a setup where we will have a large # of MP4 files, each of which in 5 minute chunks. Have you ever experienced anything where you can use VLC plugin to make it appear as though these files are streaming with a seamless flow from one file to another?

If yes, as these files will be continually be generated, we would like to make it so that the collection of files can be added on so a new 5 min chunk can be added to the end.

Do you know if anything like this is possible?

Thank you,
Shaun

should be possible to do the example from this page for trans coding and configure it to stream instead . I remember doing it maybe +10 years ago for a DVB projects

just base it sort on this somewhat
VLC HowTo/Transcode multiple videos - VideoLAN Wiki but instead of transcoding just push it to stdin and then stream the video using stdout

as to seamless i am not too certain there probably be some shutter

you could use DLNA server and have it just have it play files one after another

im just wondering if there is a way use node red to make the camera move if it has that function to look around ??

I would say probably but depends on your DVR/ camera. if it requires activex and only works on IE to manipulate the camera then not likely. but if it works with firefox and google chrome for camera manipulation then you just have deconstruct your web interface for your DVR/camera or pull the info out of zoneminder for your particular camera

I want to Play live Streaming video ,i used the above code but it dosn’t work will u help me .

first get your dvr/camera to play in vlc once it does that you verified that you have the correct rtsp command line then it should work fine afterwards .

start vlc > file> network stream> your RTSP stream line ( found usually in your dvr or camera setting under rtsp)

hello ,
I checked my stream is correct and run on vlc player but i want it to show it on web page .

I tried one example using embed tag of html but when i run it new pop up of vlc player open but i dont want that i want to to display video on page.

first did you install and activate the npapi-vlc webbrowser plugin also you might of told your browser to open in external player and that why it opening in a popup instead of embeded

yes i installed vlc plugin on my web browser

Here the image attachment

here the code which i am using:

<object classid=“clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921”
codebase=“http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/last/win32/axvlc.cab
style= “width: 200px; height: 200px;”

<param name="src" value="rtsp://----/Streaming/Channels/1801" />

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" pluginspage="[http://www.videolan.org](http://www.videolan.org)"
    width=200
    height=200
    src="rtsp://-----"
/>       

does not seam you are using the correct plugin it even says open directly in vlc PLAYER you need the web based one should look something like this

if you are not sure this plugin is normally included with the VLC installer. you might have to choose to install during installation - depending on OS

Hello everyone
I feel my English, I am using a translator.
I can not put my camera in my browser “this item is not compatible”.
my camera address is “rtsp: //192.168.1.115/live/ch00_0”.
I can see it in the VLC.
What would be in code to put in the node-red dashboard?
Thanks.

what browser are you attempting to view with… if goggle chrome you have ti use VX player if firefox try make a simple webpage first using the above once it works in the simple webpage then move it to node red

I’m going to use chrome.
which is the code?
I can not find the VX player. Is it a pluging for chrome?
Thanks
edit:
i try this:

<div id="vxg_media_player1" class="vxgplayer" width="300" height="240" url="rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov" aspect-ratio latency="3000000" autostart controls avsync debug></div>

but it does not work.

Update: Thanks for using our Chrome Plug-in. As you may have noticed, browsers have slowly been removing third party plugins. This appears to be happening with VXG Chrome Plug-in as well.

Noticing this trend, our engineering team have developed a solution that will work in all major browsers, without a plugin. If you visit our website - www.videoexpertsgroup.com and sign up for our dashboard, you will be given the option to download something called the VXG Gateway. This seems to be an adequate substitution for our Plug-in customers.

Feel free to email us at [email protected]
Thanks.