Hack my Heat Pump and publish data onto emoncms

Thanks!

Well that’s a good thing! Then we will wait for winter. I hope everything works out! Thanks again for the file. :wink:

Hi @relghuar ,

I have FTXB-C, if i connect wireless module (BRP069B41) directly to S403 it’s possible power on and power off unit by application daikin?

Cold weather is here, so attached you can find updated file with described communication for Daikin A/C. There are still a lot of unknown commands but the main 44 31 xx xx xx xx is fully described. You can switch On-Off A/C, set up A/C mode, requested temp. and fan speed.
By 44 35 xx xx xx xx you can control flap.

Remote control serial cmd v2 (SHARED).zip (15.4 KB)

Hello @Egyras,
I saw your project and I think it’s very interesting for my needs. Do you know if it should be compatible with previous Aquarea versions?
I have a 1st version T-CAP WH-MXC09D3E5 heat pump.
I’m looking for some information how to decode it. Is there something available?

I had an IntesisHome device, now dead, so I purchased (very expensive) an IntesisBox PA-AW-MBS-1 an developed some code to control it and integrate with domoticz GitHub - gianfrdp/pyModbusIntesisBox: Panasonic Aquarea PA-AW-MBS-1 (no H generation) ModBus interface in python

Thanks

Hello,

Some comments from my side, around temperature measurement.

As many people I guess, I could conclude my Daikin indoor units’ indoor temperature measurement is utterly broken, especially in heating mode. As soon as the thing turns on, the measured indoor temp. raises very fast, quickly leading to the unit to stop blowing because it “thinks” the target temperature is reached. But this is wrong, all wrong as the room temperature is still way behind the set target. A few minutes later, sometimes just one minute after, the unit turns back on… to stop again pretty soon.

This comes from a very bad temp. sensor placement on the indoor units. It’s easy to demonstrate by the way: just after the unit stops blowing, switch to “fan” mode and the indoor temp. measurement drops by many degrees in just a few dozens of seconds.

In addition, an inability to easily add a remote/external temperature sensor unless, maybe, via a wired remote control. For that reason I bought a BRC073A1 a while ago but still am missing the S21 cable to connect it… in place of the Wi-Fi module. I want to figure out if the temperature sensor integrated in the wired RC can be used by my indoor unit models (FTXM and CTXM) as a replacement to its internal one. A menu entry exists on the wired RC for that purpose but it might be restricted to some indoor unit models.

IF that sensor could be used, it would mean the indoor units could be fed with the indoor temperature via their S21 port, which would open a way to integrate the indoor units with any indoor temperature measurement mechanism. A great progress in my opinion.

Ahoj Radku,

can you contact me on [email protected], please? Many thanks.

I have a number of Daikin Aurora Heat Pumps that we would like to energy monitor. We have the Daikin BACnet kit/ touch panel for one of the systems that we can use to verify operation.

Does anyone on this forum have hardware available that is compatible with the P1/P2 and the F1/F2 layers?

Regards PK

Schematics and software are on GitHub - Arnold-n/P1P2Serial: Monitor and control Daikin/Rotex (hybrid/Altherma) heat pumps via the 2-wire P1/P2 thermostat interface with an ATmega328P, ESP8266, and electronics. The P1P2Serial library and P1P2Monitor program perform low-level bus operation, the P1P2-bridge-esp8266 program interprets data from/to MQTT supporting Home Assistant MQTT discovery. P1P2Serial may also be used for other Japanese Home Bus System based standards: DIII-NET (F1/F2) bus, Mitsubishi M-Net bus, Toshiba TCC-Link, Hitachi H-link, Panasonic/Sanyo SIII-Net, Haier, York, and others..

Hello there,
thanks to the work of @maser777 and @relghuar i was able to hack together a Tasmota script to control my Daikin unit via S21 connector, basically replacing the brp069a41 module. I tought i’d share here if anyone is interested.

The system has all the Tasmota goodies (mqtt, webserver, serial, integration with domotic software etc) and adds a “DaikinCtrl” command with a payload like the following, to control the unit:

{“active”:true, “mode”:“COOL”, “fan”:“NIGHT”, “temperature”:20, “swingH”:true, “swingV”:false }

It also exports two Sensors, Inside Temperature and Outside Temperature.

Other controls/stuff should be easy to add.

You can find the source and some info on the hardware here:

If anyone would be so kind to review the code/hardware to check if there’s any flaw, i’d greatly appreciate that :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

Hello msx80,
thanx for sharing… Did you decode another command than mentioned in my table?

Hi maser777,
No, i just based on your document Remote control serial cmd v2. It contains all the commands i needed (namely, control the AC and get the two temperatures).

Thanks again for your work!

:+1::wink:

st 13. 7. 2022 v 14:15 odesílatel msx80 via OpenEnergyMonitor Community <[email protected]> napsal:

I’ve noticed something: when i read the state with command 0246317703, the Fan reporting has an error where Quite/Night mode (42) is reported as Auto (41). do you have the same behaviour?
I tryed cycling throu fan modes with the remote (Auto, Quiet, 1 … 5 and back), they all report correctly except Night. Am i missing something?

(fan state command 0252479903 seems to work correctly)

I think that I have same behaviour, I don’t know why … and no time to check it :smirk:

po 25. 7. 2022 v 15:10 odesílatel msx80 via OpenEnergyMonitor Community <[email protected]> napsal:

Hey gurus, have you had any experience with Panasonic air con?

I have this old beast with the wired remote than i’d like to get insights from (what it’s doing) and control
Panasonic Air Conditioner (panasonicproclub.com)

Page 186 is the schematic for the wired remote, if there is a way to interface with the comm interface be it in the remote, internal unit or outdoor unit, any hints on where to start would be appreciated.

I’m competent with soldering etc. and basic electronics concepts, but very little formal experience/training to interpret what the schematics mean…

I have a similar ask open on reddit: (4) Automate Panasonic aircon : homeassistant (reddit.com)

Thanks in advance if you can help/point in a direction etc!

I’ve zero experience with Daikin units myself and little ability to assess how useful this might be but it’s fully open source hardware and software from a developer I trust, who is planning on making pre-assembled boards available to purchase. Might be of interest to people looking to integrate with Daikin controllers.

The summary information about the board says:

IMPORTANT: You need a lead for this - it can directly replace the BRP069B41 or BRP069C41 Daikin modules using the lead they use.

• Unlike the current standard Daikin WiFi module, this is not in any way “cloud based”, works on local WiFi with no need for Internet access.
  • The open source software is simple to set up - providing an access point initially to allow WiFi config via a web page.
  • It provides a local web interface to control the air-conditioning unit and show status interactively.
  • It provides MQTT control and status reporting.
  • It works with older S21 interface, and newer serial interface found on ducted units. It automatically works out which.

I’d like to post some new findings about Daikin S21 here, since this appears to be the origin of all the research on S21 protocol.

It was initially assumed that Daikin’s TX line is inverted and that the serial bus is 3.3V tolerant, as seen in the designs of custom PCBs. However, there are some units that don’t invert TX and require 5V on RX line. My guess is that it’s all units that require BRP069B45 adapter, and the research here was done with B41 adapter.

Some units, like my FTXC-D, don’t respond to queries that were assumed to report inside and outside temperatures. Instead, these temperatures can be found with F9 query (02:46:39), which responds with this: 02:47:39:B2:B4:FF:30:17:03. B2 is the inside temperature and B4 is the outside temperature. To get the temperature in °C from the bytes: value / 2 - 64. Example: B2 = 178 / 2 = 89 - 64 = 25 °C. My unit doesn’t send 0.5 °C steps, although the format makes it possible in theory.

Rd query (02:52:64) might hold some kind of fan/compressor speed.

More details here: revk/ESP32-Faikin#62

This was all done on a powered off unit. I’ll try to document more differences later when I sniff the communication with AC powered on.