Free: EmonDHW setups for monitoring hot water use

I’ve upgraded your user status, some file types still won’t be allowed but adding a further “.txt” extn normally gets around that.

You should be able to PM now your user status is upgraded, but they would be better placed here on the forum for all to see.

I would like one also. I just got my water meter monitoring working fairly constantly and can track that side of things. I’d like to monitor the HW side.

I will pay the shipping costs if someone is willing to package up & mail.

Looks like a few of us are interested. @pb66: Would you be happy to collect them all, package and ship? It’s a bit far for me to travel from Somerset…

I’ll certainly give it some thought when I am due to go that way again, but as much as I would love to take the task on. I simply do not have the time at the moment (or space or packaging materials) to commit to handling them all.

I am currently working every waking minute (and many half asleep too) as I am in the very early days of a new business and have gained a truly massive client that is monopolizing most of my time, I am working 7day weeks and eating on the move.

Since I am currently trying to sub out anything I don’t need to do myself (I have no partners or employees) I would actually end up paying someone else to do it. It would be different if it were just a couple of internationals or remote locations, lets see if there are any other offers first.

I haven’t said no, but please understand there was good reason for not offering when I first saw Marks reply.

Hi all,

I’ve had a request from an academic to use all 26 of these on a research project for a Housing Association up in Scotland - and have decided I’m going to give them all to those guys rather than have them sprinkled around the country on standalone projects.

I’ve attached the code to recreate it though, which requires the following libraries:

combinedOneWirePulseCounter_rev0e.ino (23.4 KB)

And here’s the data on the water flow sensor used:
FlowSensor polynomial calc.xlsx.txt (33.7 KB)
Water_flow_sensor_datasheet_2.pdf (65.4 KB)
Water_flow_sensor_datasheet.pdf (50.0 KB)

An EmonTH, powered permanently via RasPi supply, Seedstudio sensor into the pulse input, three DS18B20s, and you’re away. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Thanks for the interest (and the option to U/L more photos. Hopefully the below is enough to recreate for those interested. :slight_smile:

Excellent. Been looking for a flow meter so I know when the DHW is flowing for ages.

HI all,

The academic project that wanted to take these has fallen flat on it’s face.

Now available again to anybody who wants to take the lot off my hands in one hit. :slight_smile:

How about 1/2 of the lot?

I’ll pay for the shipping if someone in the UK side is willing to pick up & ship. I will even distribute in the US.

For those interested in the US we can workout shipping costs. I get a discount on shipping costs on this side of the pond.

I’m interested in one of these kits. I will pay for shipping from UK to US.

I’m happy to ship a single box to the UK or the USA.

Everything* is 45 x 55 x 60 cm, about 20 kg, and would be £80+VAT to ship to the USA via UPS.

Shipping half of everything* is £50+VAT via UPS.

*24 homes. Except the flexi hoses. They’re HEAVY, 40 x 30 x 60 cm in a crate, and won’t fit your plumbing anyway.

Shipping literally everything (inc hoses) to a UK address is £25+VAT with UPS. Half of everything costs the same.

Marko - I am a bit naive about VAT. From researching online I am guessing it is about 15%. Is VAT based the shipping costs (I am guessing not) or is it based on something else? Could you estimate the VAT?

If based on the £50 and the cost is near £7.5, please ship 12 of the 24 without the flexi hoses to the US. I’ll UPS ship to other US OEM users (maybe Canada if I can easily). I’ll send you my address via a private message.

EDIT:

What is the estimated weight of the box without the hoses?

Thank you!
Jon

@Jon VAT in the UK is 20% and would be applied directly to the shipping cost - so 20% of £50 is £10… I don’t know if you get hit for customs duties on the US side?

@markocoheat if you were happy to ship half to the US and half to the UK I’d be happy to distribute individually to those who would like one here in the UK.

Matthew

I’ll get some scales.

VAT:

For UK people it is 20%.

For the USA it’s 0% - but you’ll get charged import duty/sales tax by Uncle Sam who simply loves making life complicated…

(I send a commercial invoice with the product which includes the cost of the product (£0) and cost of shipping (£50). US Customs then assess whether to charge any local sales tax and import duty to the receiver that I guess will depend on your state.)

It won’t be silly money and it’s probably cheaper to stick it in the mail and wait than it is to work it out.

Matt that works for me. I’ll need time to get some cardboard to box this lot first but yes, I’ll plan to ship two boxes full.

Matthew & Marko - Thank you - this info helps!

Marko - I sent you my info via PM.

These units have now arrived with me. Please pm me if you would like one.

Same for North America. Marko sent over 1/2 of the available units. So if you live in the US, Canada or Mexico please PM me if you are interested in a emonDHW. (see info and pictures above)

bump! Gentle reminder!

if you live in the US, Canada or Mexico please PM me if you are interested in a emonDHW. (see info and pictures above)

I’m interested… I’ll be in touch. Need to review the details further.

Hi Jon,

I don’t suppose you want to ship to Ireland. I’d know a few people interested in something like this.

// Gary