Esp8266 --multiple flow heat meter for heat pumps and solar thermals

Ok thanks,
I already tested you new Sketch and they work ok.
But I also have seen some temperatures and sensors gave bad readings.
I will try your newest Sketch. The LCD and extra temperature are a nice extra.
Also the Domoticz add.

Greetz, Peter.

Hello, Stephan,

I used sketch espflowtempLCD-Domoticz, modified it for 2 temperatures and one flow,
works perfect, but I had to modify the number of pulses in the sketch. The flow was not the same as in the old sketch. I like the LCD and domoticz option. See pictures.

Now I want to make a heatmeter for mij floorheating, and solarboiler.

For the solarboiler I want to use the one with the extra temperatures, for logging the temp in the boiler
How did you calibrate the heatmeter?
I have an extra calibrated heatmeter in my heatpump system, so I used that one for calibrating,
but if I don’t have an heatmeter (floorheating and solarboiler) how do you do that??

Greetz, Peter

1 Like

looks nice :wink:
For I me I guess the easiest is to calibrate this way . add this to the
in the variable section

int flowtotal = 0;

then where it says
flowacount =0;
add this above it so it looks like this

flowtotal = flowtotal + flowacount
Serial.println(flowtotal);
flowacount =0;

then hook it up like this before you install it in your system
pump-> flow meter → tap ->pail
run the system once so there no air in it, turn off tap . reboot the device to reset everything to zero . and then turn on the tap catch the water in a pail. weigh the water ( minus the weight of the pail)
then this calculation ( flowtotal/( weight (grams)/1000)) should give you the number of pulses per litre. run it couple times to see the if it stable output I would do between 5-10 litre on each trial . if it has a bit a variable do the test 10 times - add all the tests together divide by 10 to get a the relative average and you should be good

was in the construction mode now - so if you want to try I will upload a ntc 10k version for esp using an analog multiplexer ( a have a few 16 channel one sitting around - i will upload in a couple days

okay I built couple different version using NTC thermisitors flow meters
one using – ads1115 (4 ch) and one using CD74HC4067 (16ch) analog multiplexers . currently I find them more accurate and more stable then the Ds18b20 … and you can sample alot to get a more consistent out put
while it a bit more complex to build . the cost can cheaper then ds18b20. as you can get 5 CD74HC4067 for $5 and get the NTC sensor for usually around a $1

NTC_esp_domoticz_collectd_ADS1115.zip (4.9 KB)

NTC_esp_domoticz_collectd_CD74HC4067_16channel__.zip (5.0 KB)

I think with the 16ch version I will try to add in voltage and watt sensors a button interface plus a few more NTC sensors

That sounds good,
an voltage and watt sensor can also register the input power of the heatpump I guess. I ordered some ntc resistances and a few CD74HC4067 muliplexer to
experiment with them. I never used them before.
Greetz, Peter

for those who might be interested different styles of thermistors against my sketch. they work fine with most. execpt for thermisistor that works in a range lower then 100ohms … i was hoping to get it to work with type k but the operate under a 100ohms and the Arduino just not sensitive enough for those…
but does work well PT and a variety of unknown ones .
for the PT1000 you use a 1k resistor instead of the 10k as what you do for ntc 10k.
the setting for:
PT1000 are ->> Rseries = 1 (1 k resistor), ro = 1.10201, B= -316.44

Type K are: Rseries = .1 (100ohm) ro = 0.02106 B= -422.42 - it would work with an arduino but for me the lowest I can measure is 33 ohm 0C is around 20 ohms and 200c is around 55 ohms for the type k