Emonhub fails to start

Cool, if you have a spare sdcard kicking around, I wouldn’t rush out and buy a new one. Just a change of sdcard would probably prove a point, it’s only a elimination test, I don’t think either of us actually expect it to be the sdcard.

Although, having now said that! We haven’t heard back from @rdavies6 since he switched to a new sdcard 2 weeks ago, maybe he’s still going srong? I suppose we can’t rule out a very unfortunate coincidental simultaneous but unrelated failure of 2 sdcards manifesting the same symptoms at the same time, as suspicious as I am of coincidence, it does happen!

1 Like

Hi Paul

Sorry for the absence…general life-stuff deflected my attention onto more mundane topics…such as helping kid revise for school exams, sorting builders out etc…

I did create a new image on a brand new SD card, and that started up fine. But I then swapped back to the old card so I could do some more research on the issues…and then life intervened and I totally forgot about the problem! I still have the old SD card stuck in the EmonPi however; I noticed yesterday the Pi was stuck on the ‘Booting…’ prompt on the LCD screen, which reminded me i need to attend to this issue!

I can move forward with the new SD card or try and trouble shoot the old card…

Robin