Emoncms Error after update

That looks how it should. The acid test - did it fix the issue?

You might need to run an update.

Now I get:
Can't connect to redis at localhost:6379 , it may be that redis-server is not installed or started see readme for redis installation
If I do
sudo systemctl restart redis-server
It opens emoncms ok, but have to do it in each reboot even after do an update via admin webpage.

And is this normal?

EDIT: The initial error in input page it’s gone!

That is good.

So I noticed in a earlier post that the sleep value in rc.local_jessieminimal had been edited.

This is a known issue. I suggest you change it back to 10 (remembering to do rpi-rw before).

I’d strongly suggest using the backup module to save all your data and start with a fresh image (on a new SD card so you have a roll back plan). There are a number of issues with the Jessie image that will become more difficult to fix as time goes on.

Ok, will try that.

Thank you very much for all the help!

1 Like

Hello @borpin,

Two questions. I changed the length of time the emonpiLCD stays illuminated - can’t remember the filename off-hand. Then, later, the updated failed because of this change I made. Surely, failing-to-update if files are changed limits the ‘flexibility’ of the entire OS? Is this normal, or is it something that should be addressed in future releases?

Have a great day,

Neil

Hi @Neil, It is an issue. A system whereby settings are hierarchical so you can change some settings is needed for all settings. It is being looked at for the main repository and that needs to be filtered down. The files could be added to the .gitignore For the LCD it isn’t seen much as the repo rarely changes.