Emoncms Android App Translation

Done V2.1.0 Emoncms Android is now the new beta version in the play store. It may take a few hrs to fully roll out to all beta users. Please let me know if you spot any errors

If you want to make any corrections please use the github editor to edit the strings.xml file directly on github:

Obrigado! Thanks a lot :+1:

1 Like

Just a small note: with this translation, if i don’t have any page on my account, it automatically adds one, but the name of the new page is MY ELECTRIC and it should be Nova página as translated here:
string name=“settings_title_page_name_default”>Nova página

(sorry but the editor don’t let me post the actual code. Just look at line 96)
Is it some bug?

Just tested and it says Nova pĂĄgina when I create a new page:

Now, delete all the pages you have and emoncms will create a new page without inputs, and the name of the page will be MY ELECTRIC.

Edit: and beside that, all is good for me. I edited the strings file to correct 2 words but from what i can detect, the translation is good and ready to go final.
Thanks!

Here is a video recording it.

What i don’t know is if was made on purpose since MY ELECTRIC is default name fbecause of this:

“* Using standard feed names such as use, use_kwh, solar, solar_kwh import and import_kwh (case sensitive) will automate the setup of MyElectric, MySolar PV and Android app dashboards. See Setup > Dashboards and Home Energy and Solar PV applications pages for more info.”

No MY ELECTRIC isn’t a name that’s referenced in any feeds or processing.

It is hardcoded into the app in 2 other locations though, at AndroidApp/me_fragment.xml at master · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub and
AndroidApp/me_fragment.xml at master · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub.

Thanks Paul.
I was wrongly thinking that was referenced on processing.

@glyn.hudson: I did a new update on the xml portuguese file but i don’t know if i need to do something more.
I did a “compare & pull request” and i think send it to merge into emoncms:master.
Since i don’t understand much of programing and github, please tell me if i did something wrong.

I don’t think you have done anything wrong. It sounds like it’s a bug in the app which has the name “MY ELECTRIC” hard coded. Feel free to have a go at fixing this if you want. I’m afraid it’s not a high priority for me to investigate and further right now. If you wanted to officially report the issue, the best way is to open an ‘issue’ on the Android app: Issues · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub