Emoncms Android App Translation

I’ll need to check. The recent addition of barcode scanning was a copy/paste of Google example with everything unecessary stripped out. If a phone doesn’t have the Google Play APIs it will download them and show that message if they’re unavailable. I haven’t been able to test that though as all of my phones have the Play store installed.

version 2 based on version 1.3 of strings

I let line 31 : <string name="importing_label">IMPORTATION</string>
though it disappeared

once you know what line 61 is …

emoncms 605929908164
<string name="tag_settings_fragment">settings_fragment</string>
<string name="tag_me_fragment">myelectric_main_fragment</string>
<string name="tag_me_settings_fragment">myelectric_settings_fragment</string>
<string name="tag_ms_fragment">mysolar_main_fragment</string>
<string name="tag_ms_settings_fragment">mysolar_settings_fragment</string>

<string name="setting_url">emoncms_url</string>
<string name="setting_apikey">emoncms_apikey</string>
<string name="setting_usessl">emoncms_usessl</string>
<string name="setting_keepscreenon">keep_screen_on</string>

//
//  TRANSLATABLE
//
<string name="me_title">Mon Electrique</string>
<string name="me_settings_title">Mes Flux Electrique</string>

<string name="ms_title">Mon Solaire</string>
<string name="ms_settings_title">Mes Flux Solaires</string>

<string name="navigation_drawer_open">Ouvrir le tiroir de navigation</string>
<string name="navigation_drawer_close">Fermer le tiroir de navigation</string>

<string name="cost_label">kWh / Coût</string>
<string name="power_now_label">PUISSANCE ACTUELLE</string>
<string name="use_today_label">UTILISATION JOURNALIÈRE</string>
<string name="importing_label">IMPORTATION</string>
<string name="solar_pv_label">PANNEAUX SOLAIRE</string>

<string name="openDrawer">ouvrir</string>
<string name="closeDrawer">fermer</string>
<string name="fullscreen">Plein écran</string>
<string name="error">Erreur</string>
<string name="settings">Paramètres</string>

<string name="server_not_configured">Veuillez configurer votre serveur emoncms et la clé API via le menu paramètres.</string>
<string name="me_not_configured_text">Veuillez configurer les flux via le menu 'engrenage' dans la barre du haut .</string>
<string name="feed_download_error_message">Impossible de charger la liste des flux. Vérifier l'adresse et la clé API de votre serveur emoncms ainsi que la connectivitée.</string>
<string name="invalid_number_of_responses">Nombre invalide de l'API'</string>
<string name="invalid_kwh_feedid">ID du Flux utilisation_kwh invalide, veuillez choisir un flux kwh via les paramètres</string>
<string name="invalid_watt_feedid">ID du Flux utilisation invalide, veuillez choisir un flux watt via les paramètres</string>

<string name="txt_power_default">0W</string>
<string name="use_today_default">0.0kWh</string>

<string name="button_3h_label">3H</string>
<string name="button_6h_label">6H</string>
<string name="button_1d_label">J</string>
<string name="button_7d_label">S</string>
<string name="button_30d_label">M</string>

<string name="connection_error">ERREUR DE CONNECTION</string>

<string name="ok">OK</string>
<string name="permission_camera_rationale">L'accès à la caméra est nécessaire pour la détection'</string>
<string name="no_camera_permission">Le scanneur de code barre nécessite la caméra, autorisation refusé</string>
<string name="low_storage_error">Face detector dependencies cannot be downloaded due to low device storage</string>
<string name="title_activity_main">Exemple du lecteur de codes barre</string>
<string name="barcode_header">Clicker &quot;Lire code barre&quot; pour scanner le code barre</string>
<string name="read_barcode">Lire le code barre</string>
<string name="barcode_success">Lecture du code barre réussi</string>
<string name="barcode_failure">Code barre non lu</string>
<string name="barcode_error">"erreur de la lecture du code barre: %1$s"</string>
<string name="qr_code_success">Paramètres bien enregistrés suite à la lecture du code barre</string>
<string name="qr_code_fail">Code QR invalide</string>
<string name="barcode_scan_instructions">"Scanner le code barre su la page Mon Compte de emoncms."</string>

<string name="monday_initial">L</string>
<string name="tuesday_initial">M</string>
<string name="wednesday_initial">M</string>
<string name="thursday_initial">J</string>
<string name="friday_initial">V</string>
<string name="saturday_initial">S</string>
<string name="sunday_initial">D</string>

<string name="system_locale">Monnaie Système</string>
<string name="dollars">Dollars</string>
<string name="pounds">Livres</string>
<string name="euros">Euros</string>
<string name="yen">Yen</string>

<string name="kwh_elapsed">kWh passé</string>
<string name="wh_elapsed">Watt heure passé</string>

</resources>

Here’s a first go. Needs some work. It also shows how bad I’ve been hard coding strings. I will post some further parts to be translated in the morning.

Let me know what needs changing.

Kev

installed it and mmm needs some tweaking

all depends what will be done, exemple the “puissance actuelle utilisation journalière” overflows

I can try to use shorter words but will be hard, you might use a smaller font size
Combination of both might solve it … but on smaller screens ??

also the submenu strings are missing and were not translated
In landscape mode a negative bar pushes the number in the day letter

Hello,

I will translate also to Brazilian Portuguese, just have to check how to use/contribute with the Git… Can someone point me where can I find the locale for EmonCMS too? Thanks.
Will keep posted :wink:

@tamsin , @glyn.hudson

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but, i am wondering, as i am no developer and can’t help on programing because of that, if you need a translation to Portuguese (PT-PT) language on emoncms android app (at least for now)? I am not a very skilled translator but i think i can handle it.

Hi @CelsoHenriques, no problem, thanks for your kind offer.

For us to create a Portuguese translation you will need to help us create a Portuguese strings.xml file. You, don’t need to do any programming, we can handle that. See examples of French, German and Italian translation in the app/src/main/res/values-xx folder. Here is the example of the french translation:

If you want to go ahead please post a copy of strings.xml on this thread with Portuguese translations. I can then create a beta version of the app for you to install and test the translations live in the app.

Thanks!
I will start on it this weekend.
Its very good to have those examples as it make it even more easy, because i can compare if i am translating the correct words.
I will update the thread with a new file once it is done.
Thanks!

1 Like

I copy the text and created a file with the new text translated.

Edit: found that was missing more text.
I will post it when finished.

By the way, where i can get the original english file?

Done.

tradução emoncmsv1.1.txt (7.8 KB)

Here:

Thanks, I’ll get a beta version of the up in the play store with the Portuguese translation. Please sign up via the play store to become a beta tester.

Thanks!
I will install it and see if everything is good.
Best regards,
Celso

Done V2.1.0 Emoncms Android is now the new beta version in the play store. It may take a few hrs to fully roll out to all beta users. Please let me know if you spot any errors

If you want to make any corrections please use the github editor to edit the strings.xml file directly on github:

Obrigado! Thanks a lot :+1:

1 Like

Just a small note: with this translation, if i don’t have any page on my account, it automatically adds one, but the name of the new page is MY ELECTRIC and it should be Nova página as translated here:
string name=“settings_title_page_name_default”>Nova página

(sorry but the editor don’t let me post the actual code. Just look at line 96)
Is it some bug?

Just tested and it says Nova página when I create a new page:

Now, delete all the pages you have and emoncms will create a new page without inputs, and the name of the page will be MY ELECTRIC.

Edit: and beside that, all is good for me. I edited the strings file to correct 2 words but from what i can detect, the translation is good and ready to go final.
Thanks!

Here is a video recording it.

What i don’t know is if was made on purpose since MY ELECTRIC is default name fbecause of this:

“* Using standard feed names such as use, use_kwh, solar, solar_kwh import and import_kwh (case sensitive) will automate the setup of MyElectric, MySolar PV and Android app dashboards. See Setup > Dashboards and Home Energy and Solar PV applications pages for more info.”

No MY ELECTRIC isn’t a name that’s referenced in any feeds or processing.

It is hardcoded into the app in 2 other locations though, at AndroidApp/me_fragment.xml at master · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub and
AndroidApp/me_fragment.xml at master · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub.

Thanks Paul.
I was wrongly thinking that was referenced on processing.

@glyn.hudson: I did a new update on the xml portuguese file but i don’t know if i need to do something more.
I did a “compare & pull request” and i think send it to merge into emoncms:master.
Since i don’t understand much of programing and github, please tell me if i did something wrong.

I don’t think you have done anything wrong. It sounds like it’s a bug in the app which has the name “MY ELECTRIC” hard coded. Feel free to have a go at fixing this if you want. I’m afraid it’s not a high priority for me to investigate and further right now. If you wanted to officially report the issue, the best way is to open an ‘issue’ on the Android app: Issues · emoncms/AndroidApp · GitHub