DST Ends tonight

There was a discussion about that earlier in the week (re NTP <> local).

1 Like

Yeah, I brought it up with regards to the OpenEVSE ESP32 wifi. The NTP is great for keeping the time synced (especially if it updates once an evening). But, when DST hits on local it will be off and can goof charging cycles by an hour. Not sure how it’s implemented WRT the ESP32, I imagine we won’t have a UI like the RaspPi that might already have the DST localities built in.

1 Like

DST is already implemented in the OpenEVSE V3.x (ESP32) WiFi module as part of the NTP feature. The time on my OpenEVSE updated auomatically with the DST change this weekend. @TrystanLea your still running an older V2.x module in your OpenEVSE.

2 Likes

Thought that might be the case! :slight_smile:

Given the confirmation from @glyn.hudson that the ESP32 supports it that seems to be the easiest approach so I’ll look at upgrading, especially as I’d also prefer wired Ethernet.

1 Like

Hi Trystan
I used the demand shaper fro first time last night since updating the pi
And I took this picture this morning after 8am. It seems to have missed charging to 100%.
I started charge to complete and car was drawing 6.4 amps.
Car charge status is from OVMS. System

Regards. Bill

Hello @Bill_Burgess I fixed an issue with the balancing charge timer last week (Oct 25, v2.1.2). Do you have this version?

Can report that the ntp does indeed change with the time change. Awesome. A very nice improvement indeed. Looking forward to future items.

Getting solar in a few months, so very much looking forward to giving the PV Divert on OpenEVSE a spin.

2 Likes

Hi Trystan
Under admin I see demandshaper v2.1.1. Just done another upgrade now showing V2.1.2.
I will see how it performs tonight as car needs a full charge from 0%
Thanks for you prompt response

Regards. Bill

1 Like