DIYBMS v4

@dakoal maybe the easiest way to do this is to find all occurances of “roundtrip”. In visual studio code you hold ctrl, shift and F3 to get to find all in files. You should see it in diybmsserver.cpp, default.htm, and pagecode.js.

Duplicate those lines and rename “roundtrip” to “packamps”. Then in diybmsserver.cpp you can see where you need to set the value that will be delivered to the web page. If your amp changes are in main.cpp, you might need to make a change to defines.h to mention the variable that gets your amps in main.cpp so that diybmsserver.cpp can use that variable.

I have not fully checked, but I think that will do the trick.

1 Like

My Lolin d1 mini pro v2 works without the reboot problem that my clones had, except the power connection is flakey. Moving the usb cord causes power to fail. Different cords make no difference.

How do I know if I am buying a unit with the 500ma voltage regulator?

Is the connector to the left of the usb connector a power connector? Do I just put 3.3 and gnd into that? Are there any 12 or 24v converts that have that connector ready to go? I’m striking out googling for it.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I won’t be supporting this change as it would be a complete change/rewrite to the way the modules talk to each other.

Can we look at the real issue instead - at what length of cable does the comms stop?

Its likely you are getting interference or the voltage drop in the cable is causing comms issues.

Great, glad you got there. The B flag slows down programming for USBASP/ATTINY841 chips so it works. Perhaps this is only needed on Windows?

Looks like JLPCB have some component shortages on 6.2ohm resistors, the AZ432ANTR-E1 and ATTiny.
Is it worth hanging on for them to come back into stock ?

Looking to get 15 modules made up, for a 7s7p battery and a small 4s2p test system.

And the PCF8574T/3,518 for the controller board, is the PCF8574AT/3,518 a alternative?

Make sure you hit ctrl-f5 to refresh the browser so that it fetches the changes you make to the js file.

Oh man …
my first tries also worked, if a F5 didn’t work, make a ctrl-F5.

doh

There is a own domain for this: Refresh your cache - When hitting F5 just isn't enough!

John,
I believe from what I’ve researched all of the genuine Lolin d1 mini pro’s have 500ma regulators. I don’t have the Lolin mini myself so I’m not sure about the connector to the left of the USB. It’s very possible the usb connector is bad or damaged. It is very easy to break the solder connection on the pcb. I know from experience :-(.

Since everything on the d1 mini operates at 3.3v and the i2c I/O expander chip also operates at 3.3v, I chose to feed 3.3v into the ESP controller board at the optional 3-pin header. Pin 2 is gnd and pin 3 feeds the 3v3 labeled pin on the d1 mini and the i2c expander. The only thing the 5v to 3.3v regulator is needed for is to program the d1 mini with usb. Programming is much lower power than wifi transmitting.

My setup is for a 4S 12v 300AH LiFePO4 battery. I use the Meanwell SCWN06A-03 DC to DC regulator to power the controller. Here’s a link to the specs.
https://www.meanwellusa.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=SCWN06
They are available from digikey or mouser and I’m sure others.
Meanwell also has a 24v version. These units are fully isolated between the input and output if that is important to you.

1 Like

Fixed it for you. :wink:
:grin:

1 Like

Thanks, I will do that.

2 Likes

Ordered my boards from jlcpcb soldered attiny programed all boards with out problems. Using clone d1mini pro with 4mb . And when i connect 1 board to conntroller it wont see it (have tryed like 15 diffrent boards and no luck) the cell monitor flashes blue so its in standalone mode. Tryed to reflash cell monitor and nothing changed. Checked for continuity on my own made wires and its good. Looked on mignifing glass for poor solder joint and all looks good. Have read alot of posts here and cant find the answer to my problem or solution. (sorry for my bad spelling if theres any Eng not my 1st lang) Any ideas what i can try to do?

Are the connectors soldered right? On the D1.

Yes they are, Pro looks different to D1 non Pro.

Connect the Debug cable to a UART-USB cable and look what the output on boot time is.

@dakoal If you are talking to me, I dont have that cable and to get it it will take me more or less 2 months. And i never programmed anything exept the d1 and cell monitor boards cant amagine to debug when i dont know how :confused:

Have you programmed these as per the video? Using platfomio and burning the fuse settings?

@stuart Yes. Like on your video. i have just change com port and upload_protocol = usbtiny i dont have another programer at the moment but i have ordered USBASP and i didnt do anything with the fuses. Do i need to run “Upload and set fuses” in Platform io?

And when upload is finishes the red led lights on because usbtiny is 5v i saw on Adams video that its posible to upload with it.

Hello to all. Made holders for modules and controller. Use it (please)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4591699/files

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I’m delighted to announce that the Open Energy Monitor shop will be stocking a full kit of parts for the diyBMS v4. They will be the sole supplier of the products and have exclusively launched with the “mouse bites” set of boards which includes 4 modules and requires minor further assembly.

The kit includes the ATTINY, JST connectors and ISP header pins.

Stock is limited at the moment, awaiting further boards to be made.

I’m also looking to include the controller board in the shop so people can buy 1 at a time rather than having to go via JLCPCB and get 5 made.

5 Likes

Awesome news and well done, question will the DIYBMS and “mouse bites” still be available to those who want to go the JLCPCB route ?