DIYBMS v4

Try using ‘diybms/#’ When I try this on my client I get a list of all topics. Here is an example: diybms/0/0/voltage

1 Like

Mqtt is the way forward for that.

I need to make the topic configurable but for now if you can change the line in the code to match the one OEM is expecting it should work fine.

Has anyone been able to find the 47K ohm 1% 4150k or 4050k thermistor?

post#117 by stuart covers that.

Stuart you did a stunning job, I got my test setup and I put 3 batteries with about 200-300mV between, in no time the DIY BMS balance them to a perfect 0mV between them.

I have one question, if I will set the relay part to disconnect the charging if is reaching12600mV as soon as I will start to use the batteries and the voltage will drop under 12600mV the charging will start?

Regarding the mqtt I try some websites and configure the implementation tab but I didn’t manage to make the module push any data to the website. I’m not to good with this kind of things, soldering and fixing electronic stuff is what I’m good at. Also once you save the data from the MQTT fields if you try a second time you will get an error. If someone will come with some specific advice will be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gelisob: I appreciate the response, but if you check the link that component is and has been out of stock for several days, hence the reason for a recommendation for an alternative component. Thanks!

I ordered this one because it was only $0.34 and I am not too worried about exact temperature - just runaway; however, I do prefer exactness when possible.

I love your testing environment. How did you attach them? hot glue?

oops i posted this in the wrong spot. this is where i should have put it.
I am about to embark on this bms journey for my power wall system, but before I do was wondering besides reading this whole post ( which i have done) Any advice or pointers to this newish guy??

chris

Yes is hot glue :slight_smile: I will find them a nicer box after I finish the testing part.

Hello, I’m a noob when it comes to programming. Can someone give me more detailed info on programming the ATtiny modules with the precompiled hex file. I have a USB to AVR Programmer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I go over this in my video, link above, skip the arduino part.

Yes you did Gelisob and thank you for that, but i have zero programming knowledge and have tried for days to figure this out with no results. I don’t understand how the work is done at the cmd line.

This does not require programming experience. This is quite basic knowledge of how to operate windows and command prompt. Simple execution of a program with several parameters. Maybe you do not realize this but at the moment you are asking for too much hand holding, close to asking someone to do it for you. I suggest you include a friend into your project who knows his/her way around basic windows functions. Batteries are dangerous and can burn your house down if not handled correctly. It might not be a good idea to help you if you are too inexperienced to understand what is doing what and what can be and might go wrong.

Not sure what I did but I have had my modules hooked up on the bench to single cells. No issues but I was not trying to charge the cells. Well, I hooked it up to my pack and I think I messed something up. I have 3 modules that are not working now. Is there a way to trouble shoot what I may have blown? I figured I had a surge or something?

Hello, I’d also like to build a powerwall using this BMS. Unfortunately I never ordered PCBs from China (or any other supplier). Can anyone give me a hint how that works (which file or which files I need to upload to the PCB supplier) to get the proper boards. Thank you very much!

I found plenty of the SDNT2012X473F4150FTF on Alibaba.com. I just ordered 200 for $0.04 each.

Re-built the 3 bad modules. This time I decided to test them on the bench while charging. Hooked up all the batteries and modules and everything worked perfect. Then I connected the charger. The 3 middle modules stopped reporting and the system went offline. I disconnected each from the battery and plugged them back in and it started working again. So I tried charging them again. And it worked while charging. Then I disconnected the charger and it went offline again. So I did the unplug and plug back in. Now it shows pack 5 at zero volts and negative 40c. Also I have all 7 connected but pack one does not even show up. It says I only have 6 connected. The green light is flashing on all like nothing is wrong? Like my problem I stated above, every time I trying to setup with charging something goes out. Of course the board that is showing zero is a brand new I made since I blew 3 out testing last time!

How much you paid for the shipping?

i have ordered the pcb for v4 but looking at the software i think i cannot compile in aduino ide as its for someone who knows c inside out anyone got a ino file with all includes so i can start trying to assemble and look for libaries.