DIY battery storage solution?

Thanks for your reply.

So the enphase microinverters have a separate or centralised sensor for monitoring the grid connection? I ask because if the house battery inverter and the solar panel inverter are both copying/mimicking the grid, then they might fool each other into thinking the grid is still there even in the event it goes down?

At my house I am thinking about house batteries and solar panels (or micro-CHP) but not quite sure if I can just hook them up to my house without them fooling each other??

Yes. Each microinverter has its own anti-islanding mechanism. From what I’ve read about Enphase microinverters, they’re quite finicky WRT line frequency. The question you posed has
been asked many times, and the answers I’ve seen indicate that battery powered inverters aren’t
frequency stable enough to make an Enphase microinverter think it’s still connected to the grid.

I’m in the US, so don’t know the rules/regs about anti-islanding, etc in the UK.
Perhaps @Robert.Wall can help you WRT to that part.

Pretty much the same, though I’m not sure about the 20 ms bit - I have a feeling it might be slightly longer.

That’s the Enphase spec for the US. It could indeed be different outside the US.