Direct USB Ardiuno not showing in graphs or database

Hi John, we are working on a new build script. I’d take a look as it may save you time. We know that Jessie build guide is out of date and elements are not relevant to Stretch.

Deliberately so as Stretch uses timedatectl. Installing ntpd will cause more problems than it solves.

Brian …

Many thx

I’ve noticed all the activity and recognise the OEM ‘powers that be’ have quite a task to cover the waterfront …

emonPi or emonTx

Radio transceiver or ESP or Serial direct connect using RPi’s wireless

Updating an existing installation or a fresh install

Catering for the tinkerer or for those that need a one shot SD image

And, perhaps, even being agnostic between Raspbian and DietPi – both are underlying Debian with just different ‘labels on the tin’?

On a point of detail and re the WIP new build script – line 52: is that emoncms service or emonhub service? – but perhaps my inadequate understanding

Many thx again for yr pro-active help

@borpin

Brian …
Thx to you & the other key guys on the Forum plus adding a trailing ‘,’ …
I now have a working ‘dumb’ emonHUB which only sends sensor data to another emon instance (local server) on the local network that does the emoncms ‘fancy stuff’
It’s Raspian Lite Stretch + emonTx + serially direct connected RPi3 with NO radio transceiver
My key resources were …

https://github.com/openenergymonitor/emonpi/blob/master/docs/SD-card-build.md

and …

[emoncms/readme.md at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub](emoncms/readme.md at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub

Plus Forum help + personal persistence/time

Perhaps it’s now time for me to try it out on a base of Diet Pi :slight_smile:

Thx again

1 Like