Current on/off detector

Hello, it says here:

Current sensing electronics

1x CT sensor SCT-013-000
1x Burden resistor 18 Ohms if supply voltage is 3.3V or 33 Ohms if supply voltage is 5V
2x 470kOhm (for voltage divider, any matching value resistor pair down to 10K)
1x 10uF capacitor

If I use 2 x 10kOhm resistors on the voltage divider will I have a problem ?

It says it somewhere in Learn as well, but I can’t remember the exact page. :confused:

You don’t think we would have written that if it wasn’t OK, do you?
The reason for not using 10 kΩ resistors is also mentioned several times in Learn. If that does not apply to you, then you can.

So, what is the difference between using 10kOhms and 470kOhms?

The reason for not using 10 kΩ resistors is also mentioned several times in Learn.

And this voltage divider with the capacitor works? I mean, why not use a rectifier bridge?

Because you were asking - by quoting from our ‘Learn’ pages - specifically about using our standard circuit. Had you said what you really wanted to do, I would have pointed you towards searching both here and the “Archived” forums where I’ve answered the same question - using a bridge rectifier - at least a couple of times.

Here’s one way: Building a Yes/No current detector - #5 by Robert.Wall

Thanx but this is on/off current detector. I talk about a rectifier that would take the ac voltage of the current sensor and will output 0-1 Volt DC so I can connect it to the Arduino.

You could integrate those pulses in software, or you could do that search.

As I’m feeling reasonably philanthropic, look here: Problem with current sensor, or me! - #13 by Mike789

I’m renaming this thread, to reflect the true nature of what you’re asking for.