BMW i3 emonHub interface

I’ve not used the PI3 but I think there was a boot up option to disable the onboard bluetooth - can somebody else explain/help?

It seems the new version has move the Bluetooth - but it is still enabled.

sudo service bluetooth status:

Seems to work fine if I use a USB dongle in place of the build in BT. Strange though.

Have you got the newest version of the Python libraries installed?

This appears to have some info
How to get BT working on Pi3B. · Issue #1314 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub

The device name has changed for the internal BT chip /dev/ttyAMA0
although this used to clash with the emonhub chip/interface board.

Anyone else having issues with the bmw interfacer? Min stopped working on March 13th. And I can´t seem to get it running again.

Yes mine has stopped as well. I have tried to login from the website and it freezes so I think it is the BMW site that is not working although my app seems to work. I have tried both edge and chrome.
BMW ConnectedDrive | BMW UK works
Login does not work.

It’s possible the API or app has changed so it no longer works, let’s hope not though.

I wrote the original code, but sold the car 2 years ago, so don’t have access to check any longer.

Did anybody get this working again? My guess is that the credentials have changed with App changes and things. It was ever so useful!
Thanks!

I don’t think anybody has managed to get it running again - very sad, it was very useful. Hope someone with the right skills will fix it some day, more electric BMW’s are comming…

Hmm.

I have a lovely i3.

I’ve actually integrated it into EmonCMS by just POSTing updates to the EmonCMS API.

The data is coming reliably from bimmer_connected but has changed wildly on occasion.

I’m afraid I don’t have enough spare time to get this EmonCMS module working. I’m really sorry.

1 Like

Cool, I will have to read up on this - thank you for posting.

1 Like

I now have bimmer_connected up running in HomeAssistant from where I can post data reliably to EmonCMS. It work very well, but unfortunately bimmer_connected does not report battery capacity. Maybe somtime in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right. I haven’t seen anyone do it through the web. There is an “Electrify” app I think people use with an OBD device which can read it.

I’m still doing mine manually by pressing the magic buttons every few months. It’s like the Dark Ages.

Sadly the bimmer_connected stuff just had to change again:

It broke HomeAssistant too, but there is someone working to fix that. I’m still not around enough to keep it working in EmonCMS I’m afraid.