Aggregating values

Something doesn’t seem to be “right” with my data. I’m importing readings from my smartmeter through a batch process. I get half-hour readings, which I’m logging directly to a feed with those timestamps. It’s a 30m fixed interval feed, which I believe is the right choice given the reading frequency. I load new values approximately every day.

When I try to see my energy usage, grouped daily, I don’t get the results I’m expecting, I just get 0s, despite the individual items being logged ok. If I change the timescale, I get some activity on the graph, but it doesn’t align with the values, e.g.:

Daily is worse, as not even the graph is shown.

Am I logging this incorrectly or need to take some extra steps? Thanks!

Hello @Dash what does the raw half hourly data look like?

Submitting over MQTT to emon/octopus:

{
  "time": "1725062400",
  "electric": 0
}

This goes to the input Octopus/Electric, which I then log to a feed. I have lots of 0 usages, but otherwise it’ll be a decimal, to three decimal places.

I’m still stuck on this. I’ve found by changing to using the “Accumulator” function I can log the kWh additions, but strangely, and when I change the time view on graphs, this does aggregate and I get a sum of the amount for the entire period. But for reasons I cannot understand, they’re offset by a single time-interval (half an hour), with the values appearing half an hour before the timestamp in the message. There doesn’t appear to be a way of changing the time value in the input functions to cater for that.

I’m really perplexed at why when I’m recording figures, it doesn’t sum up the totals when I use a bigger interval, or how I would resolve that on the inputs aside from this accumulator that’s not playing ball.

See, the yellow here is the accumulator function and a delta in the chart. But it’s offset to the actual values. Here the headline figures are all ok as we’re on a half-hour period. Changing to a 1 hour period in the chart, and only the accumulator version tots up the values for that period: