Wifi not available after Openevse wifi upgrade

Hi
This is my first post here so be gentle :wink:
I have just updated my Openevse wifi firmware from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 (from Releases · OpenEVSE/ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x · GitHub) via the HTTP interface.

Everything seemed to go well and on the LCD display it said the update were completed. But after this the box does not connect to my wifi nor present a hotspot so I can redo the configuration.
I have of cause tried to reboot the box several times… I am able to charge the car when plugged in.

I have the emonevse 3 phase box if it matters.

Would appreciate any pointer on how to proceed…

Best Regards Henrik

A late welcome to the forum, Henrik.

I think this is a question for @TrystanLea or @glyn.hudson
(They will now get a notification and hopefully one of them will be able to help.)

Hi Henrik,

It sounds like you have done everything correct. Does the LCD display “OpenEVSE Wifi” in the LCD at startup? If not then maybe the firmware got corrupted.

To fix this you can use our emonUpload tool to upload a fresh version of the ESP8266 WiFi gateway firmware, to do this you will require a USB to UART cable:

Or we could send you out a new ESP8266 unit with firmware pre-loaded and then you could return the old module to us. If you want this please contact shop support and reference this forum thread: [email protected]