Update to the iOS app

Just passed midnight

Instead of 0.0 iOS app is showing yesterday usage

Curious. My theory is time zones. Where is the server located that you have emonCMS installed on?

Rome Italy
Time zone seams correct inside emoncms and on emonpi using ssh to connect.
Plus at midnight it discharged correct a part of kwh. But not all.
It’s always one day backards.

Here
Emoncms lan
Emoncms web
And iOS app screenshot
You can see only few day of data because I’ve also tried to delete data from feed and tried to delete feed and recreate.

Got it. I’ll take a look. Thanks for the very useful screenshots!

It’s confusing me but must be timezone related somewhere. I bet the iOS app is requesting the wrong day of data somewhere. And the fact I don’t have the problem will likely be that I’m on GMT and so is the server I use. Everything being UTC means timezone issues never arise!

Thanks for all

Ps : maybe could help… I don’t know

Look here last comment

It should be interesting on Sunday! We change to UTC+1

Nothing changed at least for now whith time change in Italy.
Same problem

I managed to take a look into this today. It’s strange. I definitely see some weird things when I change my time zone to be in Australia (really crank it away from GMT!). I’m still working on figuring out what’s going on. I’m a bit confused still to be honest! But at least I can reproduce some differences between the iOS app and emoncms on web.

Thx for try to solve
Some more photo few minutes ago

This morning the Sunday column is created.

Sorry I haven’t said anything here all week - I came down with COVID on Monday and so I’ve been a bit out of it! Not too bad symptoms fortunately other than being tired mainly. So not had chance to really get into this yet. I will do though I promise!

Sorry to hear you keep covid but happy low symptom. Hope you’ll be 100 % in few days :wink:
Thanks for your promise :+1::+1:

I managed to take a look into things here. I think actually that the iOS app is doing the right thing here and it’s the web that’s wrong. What I’ve discovered is that if your timezone is not precisely the timezone of the server, then the emoncms web app will show the previous day’s kwh used for the “used today” field in the MyElectric app.

But from what I can tell, this was all fixed in this commit:

Could you confirm what version of emoncms web you’re using please @lord_valex?

[I did however find a fun issue where if you’re a very far timezone from where the server is then the iOS app will not correctly show the today kwh and it will instead show the entire kwh value as the today data. But that is a different and isolated issue which I’ve pushed a fix for to the repo.]

Thanks for the info
I’m on local and web on 11.0.7
Emonpi image is the 07/2020

Here the web one

Ah ha right! So you are on a version that uses the newer code (11.0.7 is master at present - so very up-to-date).

What timezone is the emonpi on here? If you login to your emonpi and run timedatectl what does it say?

And what timezone is your iOS device on?

Here what you need

Well that’s confusing then. I was expecting to see something being a little different there and then it would explain things. I think I now need to dig a bit more into how emoncms on the API side is handling things.

Thanks for all the info - I’ll keep looking!

Thx for all :wink:
Hope you will find it :crossed_fingers: