I had a running system in FL with EmonPi for my base unit and a EmonTX shield on my solar panels for 6+ years.
Since I’ve relocated to OR and setup everything again and then updated the system with two more EmonTX shields I’m getting odd readings.
Here is what I’m running into and can’t figure out.
- My mains coming into the home is reading correctly (CT’s on both legs and they read a positive reading in the feeds) tested by putting loads on both legs and they seem to be correctly reading the wattage.
- My solar panels are 120v coming off the inverters and I have them reporting correctly as a negative feed. That all does fine.
- My inverter feeds into the panel box through a dedicated 20amp breaker.
- When I am making solar power it doesn’t reduce the house power input wattage reading (this worked fine in FL).
- The wattage should drop when it’s making power and take it off the feed before it goes into the input calcs.
I’ve checked all my CT polarities, have the solar set as negative input only and been through all I can think of but hopefully someone has an idea on what I messed up on???