Setting up a 3rd party device on emoncms.org

Hello. I feel a little dumb asking because it seems like it should be simple but I can’t figure it out. I am trying to setup a device from circuitsetup on emoncms.org but when I go to add my input I see all the default templates but no way to add my own configuration via the template that circuitsetup has on their github (linked below). What am I missing? Thanks for any and all help to get me started.

I don’t recognise that file. Do you mean that you cannot edit the file emonhub.conf, which is accessible via the web browser interface to emonCMS and “Emonhub” → Edit config?

You need to know what data is being sent and in what format. When emonhub recognises and successfully decodes the data, then the inputs appear on the Inputs page automatically. There’s more information here: emonhub/configuration.md at emon-pi · openenergymonitor/emonhub · GitHub

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I have not setup my own emonCMS, I’m using the online service at emoncms.org. I think editing the config file is something I would do if I installed my own emonCMS, right? I hope this makes sense.

That was not clear from your post.

Have you registered an account at emoncms.org? If you log in there and look at the Inputs page, there is, top right, a link to “Input API Help”. If you look there, you can see the data formats that emonCMS expects. It’s possible to try this using the address box in your web browser. you’ll see emoncms respond “ok” and the value(s) you sent will appear on the inputs page.

I know nothing of Circuitsetup devices so I cannot help you with organising the sending of the data.

Hello @Farzad_B, sorry to disappoint but it is not currently possible to create custom device templates on emoncms.org, if you host emoncms yourself on a Pi using the emonSD image emonSD pre built SD card Download & Change Log · openenergymonitor/emonpi Wiki · GitHub you can add device templates manually to the device module. Or perhaps worth installing emoncms in a digital ocean droplet using EmonScripts if you need a remote server installation? EmonScripts/digital-ocean-install.md at stable · openenergymonitor/EmonScripts · GitHub