Remove limitation of node with ID between 1..30

Hello,

I am not trying to go against physical limitation of RF (limited to 30 nodes by EmonBase), but i have 3 emonBase with 24 EmonTH connected to each one.
The thing is I have different network group , different base ID (emonBase/emonPi as emonhub.conf says), and what I want to achieve is this kind of logic:

EmonBase01 from node 1 to 24 / group 201 / baseid 1 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)
EmonBase02 from node 25 to 48 / group 202 / baseid 2 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)
EmonBase03 from node 49 to 72 / group 203 / baseid 3 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)

Each EmonBase post data to the same custom EmonCms server

How can I do that? because this node ID seems to be just a string
I try to go through the limitation by debugging what behind interfacers but this is a lot a reading and I think you got the answer

Otherwise, seems that logic emonpi node ID (emonBase/emonPi) coupled with network does not work with this architecture:
EmonBase01 from node 1 to 24 / group 201 / baseid 1 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)
EmonBase02 from node 1 to 24 / group 202 / baseid 2 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)
EmonBase03 from node 1 to 24 / group 203 / baseid 3 (# emonPi / emonBase nodeID)

Same nodes name from different EmonBaseXX are overwritten themselves in this case

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the OEM forum, Grégory.

Look at Paul’s post here: Setup multiple emontx's - #3 by pb66

but node the last line: I do not know if this still works in the emonpi variant of emonhub without checking/testing.

I have never needed to look at this, but I did remember “node offset” existed.

How does it post the data? Are they on the same LAN? Simplest way is to use a custom MQTT topic; emon/emonbase01/ do it if you use the nodevar format in emonhub

nodevar_format_enable = 1
        nodevar_format_basetopic = emon/emontx001/

If you do, your data will appear in emoncms as all under the Node emontx001 and each input will be prefixed by the emonhub NodeID

In this way you do not need to worry about the node limit.

Well it does as long as you do not use a JSON payload! I have just proposed a fix for that Fix for multi level topics and JSON Payload *Breaking Change* by borpin · Pull Request #1613 · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub. @TrystanLea.

Thanks @borpin, I’ve merged your fix.

1 Like

Thanks, but it needs a health warning that it may be a breaking change in some circumstances - could you do a general post?