Reference version for emonPi

I have 2 emonPi and one emonBase to install and I need to leave them in a version that is as tested as possible. Once I leave these emonpi installed I can not return to the building for a few months and I would like to know which version of each of the modules and emoncms I can take as a reference.
I do not care about the functionality, what matters to me is that the version is very tested so that I do not have problems
I know that the branch of update is the: “stable” but there are many versions and what I would like to know is if there are any of them that stand out for their stability
For me it would be very helpful if you could help me at this point

Good question @onsar, I think your probably best going for the latest version to be honest as there has been a relatively recent fix to an issue with log files filling up the log partition leading to instability.

Will the emonPi and EmonBase be web connected? If so I would really recommend installing dataplicity for remote access in this kind of situation, I’ve found it very helpful, saving several site visits. https://www.dataplicity.com/ & Remote Access - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor You get one free device per account.

Thanks Trystan for your quick response. I will test dataplicity.
The installation is in the Pyrenees of Huesca (Spain) and the communications do not work well but beyond this particular circumstance, in my opinion and thanking you for the work you are doing, I believe that a reference version would be useful for those who do installations in companies where stability is essential.

1 Like