Raspberry Pi 3B+ and EmonPi trouble

This problem is very similar to this one, with a few differences.

I’ve assembled a recently purchased EmonPi bare board and a Pi3 that I plan to put in a cuscom electric box. What I’m wondering about is why the standoffs are short by a few mm. The board is fully sunken until it’s blocked by the Ethernet connector and the USB socket frames.

First I thought that the Pi3 hasn’t been tested with the board but that’s not the case, apparently. Have I been sent wrong standoffs? That’s not an issue, I’ll just use another length, just want to make sure. Also, is the board supposed to touch on the metal shielding of the connectors? Looks like something that needs a layer of Kapton between the surfaces, maybe.

Also, the extender I’ve been sent has only 2x19 pins, not 2x20. I thought it’s normal but looking at the images in the post mentioned, it seems it’s not the case. I think I still have similar extenders somewhere so I can replace it…

Images (sorry for the quality):

Hi @kobuki,

Very sorry about this; I have just replied to your support email. There were a few mistakes made with your order:

Looks like something that needs a layer of Kapton between the surfaces

There should have been a layer of insulation tape between the Pi and the emonPi board.

the extender I’ve been sent has only 2x19 pins, not 2x20

The GPIO connector should have 2 x 20 pins.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused, I hope we can get it sorted out for you as soon as possible.

1 Like