Programmatically change bypass voltage

Is there a way, either through MQTT, Node-Red, etc., to change the bypass voltage? I tried posting a json string using http post with Node-Red, but received an invalid XSS notice. I’m assuming the site thought I was trying to do a cross site script attack.
The reason I want to do this is I have a 16kWh 16s Li-Ion battery. If there are 1 or 2 cells that are higher than the rest, then the balancing works as expected. But if I have 1 or 2 weak cells then by the time the other cells have begun to balance, then there is not enough current to bring up the weaker cells. The current from the solar charger is so low near the setpoint that all the current is getting burned off by the balancing and there is not enough left to continue to bring the weak cells up. They just stay at their lower voltage while all of the other cells continue the endless cycle of balancing on and off.
So what I would like to try is start to balance the cells lower in the voltage range while they are being charged. I would start to balance any cell that is say 10mV above the weakest cell. And as the individual cell voltages rise, I would adjust the bypass voltage setting until all cells are at their setpoint within a 10mV-20mV window. Thoughts?