Are the process list concept and the specific process steps that are available described somewhere?
I’ve googled and poked around the Guide and Learn sections a bit but haven’t seen anything
Up until now I’ve just created simple feeds; now I want to do something more complicated so I’d like to know what is possible. Is it possible to extend the system with new process steps? Is it possible to reprocess already-gathered data to clean it up etc?
Hello @djh, a number of examples of input processing are given in the following recently updated guides:
2. Log Locally - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor
Calculating Daily kWh - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor
Solar PV - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor
these cover the core processes e.g: log_to_feed, power_to_kwh, allow_positive and +input.
Individual processes are then documented with brief descriptions within emoncms itself.
The post process module can be used to reprocess already-gathered data. That module does need a page on the guide! Im working on updating the guide at the moment, another page I would like to add is an emoncms core concepts page.
Thanks @TrystanLea - yes, what I was looking for was a list of all the individual processes, so I could look at them all together. I find it very difficult to absorb information when I can only see one thing at once and have to press buttons to see another thing. I much prefer a page of text, with optional pictures/diagrams.
I’ll have a look at the post process module.
Thanks, @TrystanLea. That’s the kind of thing I was looking for. Is there a similar list for the main feed processing possibilities?
I’m doing my head in trying to work out whether it’s possible to correct my meter readings. I think I mentioned before that my optical pulse counter counts positively regardless of whether it is importing or exporting power. Now I have a CT on the incoming power line, so I want to use the sign of the value from that feed to reverse the sign of the pulse counter feed. Hopefully then the WHACC feed will more closely match the actual reading on the meter, rather than being completely useless.
I will add a page on input processing, i assume your refering to input processing? pre writing to feeds?
I’ve added a emoncms core concepts page and hopefully better intro to terminology here: Emoncms Core Concepts - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor
Yes, that’s what I mean.
Thanks. Comments after a first read-through:
- Devices - I don’t know what they are; there’s no link to any that I can see on my input view page, so are they really installed by default?, and there’s no link to further information. ???
- later: ah - I see there is a Device Setup menu entry and that goes to a page that lists a whole load of ‘n/a’ something or others. There’s a link that claims to be ‘Devices Help’ but isn’t; it’s actually API help that doesn’t help me understand what it’s all about. So no wiser.
- typo ‘indentifier’
- all the URLs would be more helpful if they were formatted as links.
- The Admin page is mentioned just once, with no explanation and no link. I’d say it deserved to be counted as a core concept.
Sorry, comments always come across as negative, but they’re not meant to be. I do think it’s a useful page, thanks.
Thanks @djh much appreciated. Good points re devices and admin needing more info.