Posting data & backing up

yes correct.

Both MQTT and HTTP methods will work. Im using MQTT and its been really reliable. To use MQTT you need to set the MQTT username: emonpi and password: emonpimqtt2016.

You could configure the MQTT to start with, this will create inputs but not link them to the feeds. Then once your happy that the inputs are correct, download the latest feed data from emoncms.org and create the input processing to link the inputs to the feeds. Once your happy its all working you can then remove the EmonESP configuration for posting to emoncms.org

1 Like

I’ve set the three MQTTs up, and three new “sections” appear within emonpi.local > Inputs. I then ran emonpi.local > Sync Inputs, and everything within emonpi.local > Inputs then looked fine. The Inputs are not updating, but I take it that this is because they represent the existing data on emoncms and not from the actual input CTs etc. (My Dashboards are updating, but this is because they are still being fed from the emoncms data).

All good so far. :smile:

But how do I get the Feeds on emonpi.local to work / update? I have the downloaded Input data but can’t see how to merge this is to new Feeds :persevere:

I feel I am so close to succeeding but am not quite there yet!

I would be tempted to delete the inputs that you synced from emoncms.org. Get the inputs updating to the local emoncms via MQTT and then manually add the input processing again. The input processing does not actually copy over properly when using the sync module and emoncms.org.

:flushed: Hmmm, now I am even more confused - I thought that I needed to sync inputs back from emoncms.org to emonpi.local before bringing in new data via MQTT as it couldn’t be done afterwards, as Paul wrote earlier … :flushed:

I’m beginning to think that I am making this harder than is wise, and that I should just start everything from scratch; I had a rocky start due to poor wi-fi comms, but now that that is sorted with the later wifi widgets I’d only loose 2-3 weeks of data. :fearful: