OpenEnergyMonitor Meetup 9th March 2018

Since we’re all in the same part of the country today @TrystanLea and I are meeting up with @Paul @pb66 @Robert.Wall. This will be the first time we have met in person, we’ve all communicated with other (through the forum) for over 7 years now!

We’re very much looking forward to the meetup. Let me know if you have any questions / comments you would like us to add to the meeting.

This meetup has got us thinking that at some point in the future it would be great to organise a OpenEnergyMonitor contributors meetup. Would there be interest in this? It would probably be in the UK.

5 Likes

Great day, thanks for taking time out, to meet up!

Paul

2 Likes

Great to meet too! Thanks Paul!

Yes, great to finally meetup! Thanks all for coming.

Here’s @TrystanLea giving us some ‘death by PowerPoint OpenOffice’ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it was great to meetup after so long.

Some interesting stuff discussed, looking forward to continuing on from those discussions here on the forum.

1 Like

In case anyone is thinking this is OEM HQ, it’s not. It is here: http://radiocommunicationmuseum.org/

1 Like

‘death by OpenOffice’ would not that be LibreOffice :wink:

1 Like

I was wondering about that equipment on the shelves, some of it looks very historic and folkloric. Imagine the range you could get if you hooked your EmonTX up to one of those babies!

2 Likes

Good point. It was actually! I still incorrectly refer to it as open office. Whoops! I’m sure the LibreOffice team will be most offended.

Some nice HF gear there. I recognize the units made by Collins (top of the line gear in its day, and still higly prized by those who work the HF bands) and, if I’m not mistaken, some Icom gear.

1 Like

I donated a pristine Eddystone 1838 manual to them.

1 Like

Spot on.

The Collins gear looks like S/Line series equipment.
If that’s indeed the case, it’s vacuum tube (valve) technology circa late 50s / early 60s.

Connected to a rig transmitting on 20 metres (14 MHz) at full output? Global.