No LCD at power on

Hi,

when I power cycle my EVSE the LCD does not start, If I then do a restart from the web interface of the evse (not wifi) it always comes on. Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong?

John

Hi John,

That’s very strange. Do you have an OpenEVSE for EmonEVSE?

I don’t quite follow how the unit can have a web interface without WiFi?

Is the LCD totally blank or is it just the backlight? Does the unit function to charge an EV?

@glyn.hudson

sorry I may not have phrased the restart line correctly it is the marked “reset” not the WiFi one
Yes the display is blank no backlight or data. Not tried to see if it can charge as always just go to the interface and tap the restart button. It then stays OK until a power off/on
Very odd.

John

Sorry I have the OpenEVSE (DIY Kit) bought in May.

John

Ah got it, I understand. Once the controller has been rebooted via the web interface does the LCD say on forever until the next power cycle?

Could you check to see if the EVSE will function to charge an EV with the LCD off?

This is a very strange issue that I’ve never heard before. The controller and LCD are both obviously working, I can’t think why the LCD would not initialise on first boot and then require a controller reboot to work.

To debug this further I will need you to send the whoe unit or the controller + LCD to us. If you would like to arrange this please email [email protected] and we’ll arrange an RMA number and address.

@glyn.hudson

Just popped out to test and when connected to the car the unit does charge and shows as such on the web interface, once restarted the display stays on and the whole unit functions as normal. Thanks for the offer but to disconnect the whole unit if far more of a pain than the odd reset. I would be happy to send the LCD back as most of the time I use the web interface as my unit has no button. Do you think that it might be the LCD? I also do not have a battery on the display (have ordered one) could this cause this behaviour?

John

Sorry for the delay, getting back.

Thanks for testing. It’s good to hear the rest of the unit is working fine. This indicates a faulty LCD. We’ll send you a replacement LCD tomorrow.

Glyn,

Thanks for that, I have a mail saying one is on the way, excellent service :slight_smile:

John

Glyn,

All fitted and working great :slight_smile: Thanks for your help.

John

1 Like