Newbie with EmonBase and TXShield

Hi, I’ve just received my new toys :slight_smile: Base and a TXShield. Base is working fine, can log in, connect to wifi etc. However, its not seeing the shield at all. I’m fairly new to the Pi/Arduino scene but I’m techie and work with some guys that are more knowledgeable than me.

I’m at a bit of a loss to know where to start troubleshooting. There’s no lights on the 433mhz board on the Base. On the TXShield, there’s lights on the Uno, which I’m told is good, and there’s a light on the shield itself that flashes in time with the RX LED on the Uno ( RX light flashes 4 times and on the 4th flash the LED on the shield flashes once ).

The two modules are sitting on my desk so range shouldn’t be a problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Stu

And have updated the base, and all the code for the shield was downloaded today so should be up to date.

Welcome! Good work setting up so far.

I’m assuming you uploaded the emonTx shield firmware to the Uno. Did you select the correct radio (RF12B / RFM69CW and correct freq (default 433mhz) and network group (210)? Could you post serial output from the Uno with shield connected .

Ah, that’ll be it! I’m just using the default RF12 ( networkgroup and freq are correct )

i’m searching for it at the moment but if you have a link handy on how to specify using the RF69 it would be much appreciated please.

Stu

ok, just reading the sketch ( I think thats whats its called )

#define RF69_COMPAT 0 // set to 1 to use RFM69CW

Just set the 0 to a 1? That’s it?

Stu

Yessir, you’ve got it. Sketch is the correct term.

Thanks Bill. I’ll get there in the end :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your help, i’m all up and running :slight_smile: