Newbie to ASHP

No. System boiler heats water in a tank.

A coil, not plate.

No it wouldn’t.

Boiler/ASP heats water in tank. cold water passes through coil in tank to heat DHW on demand (no legionella cycle required).

The coil in the cylinder is connected to the primaries flow and return which in turn heats the volume of water stored in your cylinder that comes out of your tap. An ashp will not ever heat water on demand so yes you need a legionella cycle.
If it’s not like this or similar it’s time for me to give up​:joy::joy:

NO!!

The tank I have uses the coil to pass the water through. The water in the tank itself is heated by the bolier.

Not all tanks are the same.

Right so what tank have you got that has stored water and a coil that heats water on demand? and if you on here at the moment have a look at my other post please about trying to correct my heatpump app please

Link I posted (actually a Solar Plus version).

Sorry, I know nothing about this App.

As I understand it, you can use UFH for cooling, as long as you keep the flow temperature above the dew point to prevent condensation. You can buy dew point sensors, so you may be able to automatically adjust the flow temperature. The return temperature will be higher than the flow temperature when cooling. If you have a dehumidifier you can reduce the dew point temperature, but only in the rooms the air from the dehumidifier gets to.
Seems like you could have a setup like a heat pump hot water system where you periodically run at a low flow temperature with a fan/coil unit (but not the UFH and radiators) to dehumidify the air, and then switch back to a higher flow temperature (and higher COP) to cool the rooms using UFH and/or radiators. See Dynamic Humidity Control | Chiller AC Heat Pump Controller | Dew Point Radiant Cooling Controller for an example.

I found the following page which gives a good comparison between different ASHP brands.

It unlike Samsung’s own website clarifies the following -

1. The Samsung Mono, Split and TDM Plus are low temp units. (The new Mono HT is a high temp unit and the above article has not been updated to include it.)
  2. The TDM Plus is apparently unique in combining Air to Water for heating and hot water, and a separate Air to Air connection for cooling via air handlers
  3. They are rated at A+++ which is better than the Daikin and Vaillant at A++
  4. They use R32 but not R290 which some Vaillant models do. (Daikin use R32.)

I would still appreciate it if anyone can recommend a good Samsung ASHP installer in the London area. I have seen a number of threads here and elsewhere indicating sadly that many ASHP installers do not understand the products properly yet and hence make installation mistakes.

If Samsung had a UK customer helpline I might use that to get some answers - but they don’t appear to. :frowning:

I’m sure that anything is possible, it’s just how much effort you want to put into it achieve the results.

Samsung Climate support: 01932 575604