Min and Max values

Hi Guys,

I have an application that uploads it’s data to emoncms, and then I have a guage that needs to change based on the minimum or maxim value in order to determine which color should be shown when. The thing is that I don’t want to capture this input to a feed and log it just to get that value, so the question is:

Is there any way to either use just the input value like a virtual feed without having to log it to a feed (although if I do that I would still need to be able to say if value > previous value then newvalue = value), or alternatively, can I update something like MaxValue or MinValue directly in the database with an API call or some other method, and just use the widget calling that value to do the calculation to break it up into the different color sections?

Hello @centurionsolar the option to use inputs for dashboard widgets instead of feeds has been something that I’ve wanted to add for a long time but have not managed to get around to yet. I agree its a bit of an overkill to have to log everything to feeds even when you dont need to persist the data… there’s not really a good solution for this at the moment unfortunately, other than creating a feed with a large feed interval to reduce the disk use.