Install dir or setup

It’s part of the User Module.

I am not sure but I think I am missing register.json

Bert

Is that possible that I am missing register.json?
Is the file not on Github?

Bert

Hi Bert,
You getting anywhere with this?
I have emoncms running fine on Win2012R2 for a while now. I seem to remember having permission issues to start with, and Redis was a bit unpleasant to get running.
I’m guessing your issue is not inside your emoncms directory (under \wamp\www) - when I update my emoncms, all I do is download the .zip from github, unzip to ‘emoncms’, copy (or merge if there were format changes) my settings.php and download & unzip dashboard under emoncms\modules (and I rebuild my emoncms directory this way quite often)
I’m running wampserver 2.5 32-bit.
I’ve attached my httpd.conf from \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf httpd.zip (6.6 KB)

• see how this compares to yours - particularly the bit below <Directory “C:/wamp/www”>
    Looks like WAMP 3.0 is out - probably about time for me to do this again (and take better notes).
    Thanks,
    Sandy

Hi Sandy

I am not working with WAMP. I installed Nusphere(PhpEd).
I will install again but when I look what Paul said and look in the module I see that register.json is called.
That file is not on my system.

Bert

Hi Bert,
That “user/register.json” looks to me to be the server URL that your new user & password are being sent to. I don’t think that actually exists quite as that within the emoncms server code - but I believe the apache rewrite module is supposed to change that to something that can be processed.
And indeed, I get yor ‘undefined’ error if my rewrite configuration (in .htaccess) is not correct.

Sandy

Hi Bert

I simply answered your question asking where the script was, I would not expect there to be an issue within that code. I had already mentioned mod_rewrite, Eric had already said about .htaccess and now Sandy says the samething. Going by what you have disclosed so far it does seem to be to a routing issue where the URL’s are not being rewritten as expected/necessary. But it’s difficult to be sure as we have no idea what you have done to install or tried whilst trying to fix.

I think I will let it rest a while. It don’t work