Upgrading from emonSD-17Oct19 to emonSD-24Jul20 and following the instructions at Update & Upgrade - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor, I have 2 questions:
Step 2 Initial Boot, item 3 “Insert the new SD card…wait, wait, wait”. What is the indication that it has completed? Is it the change in the displayed LCD text from Updating… to Ethernet: YES?
The restore from USB drive using the old SD card failed with the message
Can’t connect to database, please verify credentials/configuration in settings.ini
Error message: 'Unknown database ‘emoncms’
This sounds similar to the issue @stuart had [Import from USB drive - deleted emoncms database] but where do I find the log file to find out what has happened? I have left the system running and can ssh in.
If you can ssh in, check the CPU use has dropped right back - use
htop to verify.
@TrystanLea any suggestions?
I’ve experienced the same error message after trying “Import from USB drive” on a new installation of emonSD-24Jul20:
- I installed the emonSD-24Jul20 image on a new SD card
- Went thru the update process, everything worked fine
- Accessed emon using web browser to its local IP address
- Successfully created a new user account and accessed Admin and Backup
- Put the old SD card with 17Oct19 image into a USB card reader plugged into my Pi
- Clicked “Import from USB”
- Then got some error messages in the emon window that seemed to indicate the USB drive could not be found, but before I could read the messages or take a screenshot, the emon window disappeared and my browser showed
I have ssh access to the Pi and rebooted, but I get the same error whenever I try to access emon with the browser (using Chrome and Firefox).
Is there a way to repair or replace the settings.ini? Or another fix?
I’m back to running the 17Oct19 OS and can create a new compressed archive that I can import into the emonSD-24Jul20 OS once I can get back into the emon interface, so I don’t necessarily need to fix the USB reader problem.