I’m trying to determine the best combination of hardware\software to get going. Here’s my current situation:
- Live in the US
- Will be getting a PV system installed in the next few months (Sunpower with Microinverters)
- Will hopefully have the PV system link next to\near my main electric panel
My question is, what combination makes the most sense here?
- EmonCMS running on a Windows or Linux box along with a single EmonTX (with the Wifi module) monitoring both grid usage and PV system generation\usage?
- Raspberry Pi with the RFM69Pi installed on top of it running the EmonSD image along with a single EmonTX?
- Just the EmonPi - Solar PV bundle?
- Would a Pogoplug running Debian be sufficient to run EmonCMS? Is this a very resource intensive application? Or are there other things running on an EmonBase/EmonSD besides the CMS?
Do I need to monitor both the grid and PV system? Just the PV system? I couldn’t really tell what the difference was between the regular EmonPi and the EmonPi- Solar PV bundle. Sorry if these questions seem basic. I’ve been hunting around the website and community pages for the past few days and couldn’t find these answers - thanks in advance!