First steps with emonESP

Does anyone know how to tweak the code to read from pins also?my sensors don’t have uart. Or can a sensor without uart be connected to FTDI?

I apologize in advance for the very basic question, but I can’t get access to the emonESP configuration page.

I could upload both sketch and data folder, the ESP8266 starts as an access point and I am redirected to the log-in page. What I could not find anywhere is what the default username and password should be.

At the moment I tried blank fields, admin/admin, root/root and other obvious combinations. I also assumed the AP name had to do something with the default access credentials, but had no success. How can I access to the emonESP configuration page?

The WiFi AP password should be blank:

i.e. no authentication is needed

The soft AP was working fine, and I could get to the emonESP configuration page but the login form kept showing up despite username and password should be blank.
I decided to play dirty and to ask emonESP its own password, that is, I modified the config.cpp file so that username and password were output on the debug port:

Instead of empty strings I obtained garbage characters, perhaps I had flashed that memory area, or it was like that from factory. I could access the emonESP config page by copying and pasting those lines, after which I could change the credentials.