Feedwriter not started after update

Hi all,

After a few updates, i noticed that every time i update my emonpi, the feedwriter does not start. In the end, the update windows says:
“restarting service-runner
service-runner: no process found”

In server administration says:
“Daemon is not running, start it at ~/scripts/feedwriter”.
Making me to reboot every time i update to start the feedwriter.
Any ideas?

Hello @CelsoHenriques this sounds like an issue we may have missed with the update process from an older version of the software, can you copy the output of Administration > Server Information here?

We did change how service-runner works in the recent image update and it sounds like the service is not installed on your system. It can be installed manually following the steps here emoncms/install-service-feedwriter.md at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub but it would be good to look into why its not installed on your system automatically.

I can comfirm that after new image reinstall, it still happen. And emonhub hangs to send to emoncms.org, as i need to shutdown and start on the emonpi, since reboot doesn’t restart it.

Server info:

Linux 4.14.71-v7+

Host	emonpi emonpi (192.168.1.150)

Date	2019-01-13 18:22:09 UTC

Uptime	18:22:09 up 3 days, 23:15, 0 users, load average: 0.05, 0.10, 0.07

Na(o) domingo, 13/01/2019, 18:17, Trystan Lea via Community [email protected] escreveu:

Thanks @CelsoHenriques can I confirm, are you running image release emonSD-30Oct18?

Correct.

Release emonSD-30Oct18