feed_model.php|EngineClass() Engine id '1' is not supported

Hello,

Just did a fresh install on raspberry 2 and get “feed_model.php|EngineClass() Engine id ‘1’ is not supported.” My inputs are visible but when I try to log I get “Feedid xx does not exists or was deleted”.
I am on Emoncms Version low-write 9.7.1 | 2016.06.18

Help very welcome as I already spend several day’s trying to solve this.

Thanks

Herbert

Does this thread help?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I saw that thread and re-imaged the card but that did not help.
I am not in the same situation as I used only windows to image and download the file.

I am using a 32gb card. I extended it later…but even before the extend I had these problems.

Any suggestion on which log files to look?

Or just reimage again on a smaller sd?

Regards

Herbert

How are you writing the image to the SD card? Linux dd? Windows?

Have you followed one of the methods outlined in the RaspberryPi SD flashing guide?

When you insert the SD card into a Linux PC do all three partitions mount ok?

Engine type 1 is timestore, wasn’t support of timestore dropped in v8.5?

Assuming you do have Timestore feeds, I think you may need to convert them or more likely even use a “Migrate” script, There was a script to migrate to v8.5, I do not know if that will work for v9.x.

Thanks Glyn and Paul,

So…I restarted all over for more than 10 times…what is very clear now is that you have to format your sd card with sdformatter WITH the option FULL erase and format size adjustment. Just quick format will not help…

I do not why or what exactly happens but you get the strangest things happening if the card is not formatted properly.

So case closed.

For those interested in my notes and procedure I followed :
Prepare card
download image

unzip
sdformatter full format size recover
Win32DiskImager (image)

login pi/emonpi2016

from link github.com/emoncms/usefulscripts#sdpart_imagefile

rpi-rw
cd usefulscripts
git pull
sudo sdpart/./sdpart_imagefile

reboot
sudo ln -s /home/pi/usefulscripts/sdpart/sdpart_imagefile /sbin/emonSDexpand

reboot
from link github.com/emoncms/emoncms/blob/stable/docs/RaspberryPi/USB_HDD.md
rpi-rw
sudo raspi-config
cd /var/www/emoncms && git pull
sudo fdisk -l
sudo chmod +x /var/www/emoncms/scripts/usb_hdd/usb_hdd
sudo /var/www/emoncms/scripts/usb_hdd/./usb_hdd -d /dev/sda

ls -l /dev/disk/by-label

1 Like

Great! Good work, do you think I should add an option to the guide to use “formatted WITH the option FULL erase and format size adjustment”? Sorry, none of us use Windows, therefore, I am unfamiliar with windows formatting and flashing applications! I can confirm dd on Linux works great :slight_smile:

Would you mind if I edited the bottom section of your post to add a note that the usb_hdd operations are only required if you want to move file-system to external hard drive? Guess that should be obvious

I don’t know if this quirk is peculiar to the size/type/brand of sd card being used or to the emonpi image or even the hardware (pc & card reader) but I use the windows imager and sd formatter (almost daily at the moment) without ever seeing this issue (yet?).

The full overwrite method can be really slow so you might want to know that others are affected before recommending everyone takes that path.

I’ve always used Win32DiskImager to write emonCMS images to SD cards and have never had to use SDformatter to erase the cards first. I’ve burned images onto new cards “right out of the wrapper”
so-to-speak, as well as cards that were formatted with ext2, 3 or 4 filesystems. Never had a bit of trouble with any of them. The cards ranged in size from 2 to 16GB.

I would endorse SDformatter, as a preferred Windows option, having used it for the past 2 years, following issues formatting cards for emoncms installations using the native Windows formatting tool.

Paul

SD Formatter is definitely preferred over the native Windows format routine.
Formatting an SD card with the native formatter results in performance degradation and lifetime shortening.

More info here: http://3gfp.com/wp/2014/07/formatting-sd-cards-for-speed-and-lifetime/

If the card is to be formatted with a Filesystem other than FAT32, e.g. ext2, ensure the cyliner number that marks the start of the first partition is a number that is divisible by 128. e.g 2048 or 4096.

When partitioning, if given the choice between Cylinder and MiB, choose MiB.

Hi,

I just came across this same problem, and wanted to understand why it’s happening. I recently flashed a new 16GB SD card (my 4 GB kept filling up and causing problems), and used the standard Raspberry Pi method of Win32DiskImager to write the image. Then I ran emonSDexpand to grow the data partition. I used the emonSD-07Nov16 image.

As far as I can tell, the data partition is fine. I can read/write to it (used sftp to upload 10GB of random files to the /home/pi/data mount, then downloaded them again). MySQL is also fine as far as I can tell… why would not formatting the SD card only affect my ability to add a feed? All other changes I have made to emoncms so far (creating my username, for example) was fine…

The card was fresh out of the box, and the one and only thing I did to it was flash emonSD to it. Is SDformatter needed even in this case? If so it would be great if someone updated the documentation regarding this!

Either way I’ll try SDformatter and will post my results here for future reference.

Thanks,
-Alex