Feature request: input debuging

I occasionally get some info in my log saying input data was not in numeric format, unfortunately it shows nothing that can help narrow it down to what is causing it.

It would be useful if it added with the current log data which input node was causing the message to come up so you can pinpoint which device is sending data that is not in numeric format.

Matt - Please include a few lines from the Log showing the message (and the name of the log file). Thank you!

HI, its been ages since it has done it but yesterday it got some:

2018-01-05 23:23:04.674|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric"}
2018-01-05 23:24:05.125|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric"}
2018-01-05 23:28:05.084|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric"}
2018-01-05 23:58:04.754|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric"}
2018-01-06 06:35:04.914|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric"}

Would be helpful if it did something like the following showing which node ID and key the data was being submitted to.

2018-01-06 06:35:04.914|ERROR|input_controller.php|{"success": false, "message": "Format error, json value is not numeric","Node":"Weather"}

I opened a related issue on GitHub this week in that the responses from the Input API are not consistent. Perhaps this feature request should be added. I’d be inclined to simply include the full request rather than try and break it out as there are a lot of variations that would need handling.

You could edit the input controller to add in additional debug information locally.