EmonTX4 - strange pulse figure - reset energy data

I have a strange figure in the ‘Pulse’ output data - never had a pulse sensor fitted. It is persistent as the data is now written to EEPROM.

{"MSG":57,"Vrms":248.13,"P1":3,"P2":0,"P3":303,"P4":121,"P5":0,"P6":0,"E1":255,"E2":-70,"E3":17846,"E4":7115,"E5":-36,"E6":-31,"pulse":4294967261}

It would appear that the only way to reset the pulse count is via the z (zero) command which zeros everything (not ideal).

@TrystanLea I suggest there should:

• Be a means of resetting each of the cumulative readings that are saved to EEPROM individually.
  • Also, a soft reset added to the options would also be useful.

You previously said that the new design meant that the EmonTX4 itself cannot detect if there is a CT fitted. I think there is an advantage to being able to disable the output of a sensor port in the Firmware. I suggest just simply store a value in the EEPROM, that says don’t output the data. This was done previously for the Temperature and Pulse sensors IIRC.

Sorry should have sent you a message, I fixed that pulse issue in v1.5.0. It’s worth updating to v1.5.3 though, quite a few fixes over the last week. The majority of units shipped this week are running v1.5.3.

1 Like

Yes I think there could be a benefit to that, would certainly save bandwidth uploading to emoncms.org if nothing else. I started to add the user interface for that in the serial configuration web tool but have not yet implemented it at the firmware level.

The minimum could be just a reduction in serial data printed. A more complex implementation might save on sampling those channels - though that would be one for Robert and I to discuss (I know Robert is very busy with other things for now so might be best to come back to the practicalities of that at a more convenient time)

1 Like

I’ve been compiling myself so I’ll pull the repo through. Is it the only repo changed?

Arragh - have I mentioned how much I hate the IDE :rofl: :imp:

Was this it? Instructions for setting up the Arduino IDE to compile the firmware:

1 Like