Emontx-V3 Upgrade to the last release

Robert,
the value of the voltage at zero is not possible because the CT1 has inserted on one phase from the Grid and CT4 is come from the solar.

also I can confirm that the emonhub don’t received the info from emontx (confirm with minicom & the log file) => for me the radio part is not working properly .

also on platofrmio, i have a lot function not defined

i m very lost

david

Have you tried my suggestion?

Sorry, but I cannot run platformio, therefore I can only support you if you use the Ardruino IDE.

BUT - it looks as if you have not downloaded all the necessary files to compile the sketch.

Download ALL the files in the “src” directory on Github, and if you are using the Arduino IDE, put them all into a directory called “EmonTxV3CM” in your sketchbook directory. That should compile and upload successfully. I cannot help you with what you need if you try to do it any other way.

yes already done no change :frowning:

just try with arduino ide … but after the very / compil => load_config function is not defined :frowning:

Hello @droussea you may be intereted to try this method here of uploading pre-compiled EmonTx3CM firmware to an EmonTx: Uploading the latest EmonTxV3CM Firmware to an EmonTx using a emonPi/emonBase It would at least ensure that your running the same thing as we are

disappointed :frowning: don’t have this option release 10.2.3 of emoncms … just have also an emonhub not emonPI or base

Yes, it IS defined, it is in the file config.ino

static void load_config(bool verbose)
{

Please read again what I wrote in Post no. 12

Sounds as if you may be a bit confused…
emonhub is software
emonBase and emonPi are hardware devices.

that’s right :slight_smile: I use the emonhub running on one rapsberry to convert RF 433 to ip-emoncms

1 Like

Hello Robert
FYI, the radio running on my emontx is a RFM12 not a 69 :frowning:
I have go in deep of the code and the problem appear in the rfm_init function :frowning:
how can we debug this ?
david

That is your problem. The file rfm.ino that you have says at the top: “Interface for the RFM69CW Radio Module” The RFM12B requires a completely different set of instructions.

The best I can offer is this library. It is ALMOST the same as the rfm.ini file that you have, but it adds the ability to control the radio power. There’s documentation (in English - sorry).

The rfm_init( ); function is the same, but the rfm_send( ) function adds the rf power. But you don’t need to specify it, it will default to maximum - which is what you have used until now.

So where you have (2 places)

rfm_send((byte *)&tmp, sizeof(tmp), networkGroup, nodeID, busyThreshold, busyTimeout);

you can reduce that to only
rfm_send((byte *)&tmp, sizeof(tmp), networkGroup, nodeID);
and rf_power, threshold & timeout will use the default values.

To use this in your sketch, you must delete (or move) rfm.ino, and install the library (2 files: rfmTxLib.h and rfmTxLib.cpp) into a directory rfmTxLib in your Arduino libraries directory.

Then, in EmonTxV3CM.ino, you must add
#define RFM12B
and after it
#include <rfmTxLib.h>

and you can delete these lines

#define RFM69CW
#define RFMSELPIN 10
#define RFMIRQPIN 2 
#define RFPWR 0x99 

If enum rfband {RF12_433MHZ = 1, RF12_868MHZ, RF12_915MHZ }; gives you an error, delete it. (It is already in the header file.)

and change “2” to “1” here:
int rf_whitening = 2;

And I think that will work.

rfmTxLib.zip (61.6 KB)

thx a lot Robert :slight_smile: but have you an idea of the previous version ? to restore it ?

The previous version of what?

before the upgade the emontx working well and due at the upgrade 3.4 ko :frowning:(

You want the discrete sampling sketch for an emonTx V3.4 with RFM12B radio?
Don’t you like my library? :cry:

I think it will be this: emontx3/firmware/src at master · openenergymonitor/emontx3 · GitHub
but you must change it for your RFM12B - line 74.

yes i like it :slight_smile: but both option are not working :frowning:

Which options? And how are they not working?

always on rf12_initialize in the setup function and always circle on this function and never arrive in the loop function

Did you change Line 74:
#define RF69_COMPAT 1 // Set to 1 if using RFM69CW or 0 if using RFM12B
to
#define RF69_COMPAT 0