emonTH Battery Life(reprise?) - water damange

Hello @srt is that a new set of the same batteries? When you put a set of batteries in, I assume the green LED still flashes once every 60s? could there be any water damage from moisture in the greenhouse? can you see anything on the PCB? If it all looks fine, we’d be happy to replace the unit, if you can email the shop at [email protected] with your order id that would be great. Thankyou

Yep, that’s a new set of the same. I noticed the green led when I changed them (startup?), but didn’t check a 60s period. The greenhouse is very humid, for sure (I entirely expect the humidity to kill the emonTH eventually…), but the PCB looked completely fine - dry and clean. I’ll put another set of batteries in, and check for a 60s led - will report back later…

I imagine it will be flashing as expected, as you are recording data from it in emoncms, so there must be something else drawing current - or keeping it from going to sleep. Im not sure what that would be, so will probably be best to try a replacement. It looks like your second plot had the issue that affected the original from the start of its run giving 2 days rather than 25…

So, new batteries, the led lights for about 5s initially, then no more led, although data is still being transmitted/received. And after about 1/2hr we’re already down to 2.9v. Can I have a new one please? :rofl:
I’ll send support an email…

1 Like

Hi Trystan,
Just received the replacement - I just put the old batteries in, it’s reporting 2.5v and giving good temp/hum readings, but no 60s led. I’m guessing it’s been removed from the software? Anyway, thank you, we’ll see how we go from here. *(PS only just got the other one in the post today - sorry…)

Hi @srt

We received your returned emonTH today. On inspection there’s obvious evidence of water damage which will be the cause of the current leakage:

I will be in touch via email to discuss options.