Following several power cuts a couple of days ago, I discovered that my emonPi was not working. It starts up as normal, reporting “EmonPi V2.92”, AC wave detected and no CTs (none plugged in so I guess that’s good!), and no temp inputs (likewise). It then just displays “Booting…Please wait”.
I have read various posts on this topic, and have tried the following:
- I have reflashed the supplied 16GB SD card using the Raspberry Pi Imager app on my Windows 10 PC. This completed without error, but re-inserting the SD card made no difference.
- I also tried flashing a new Kingston SDHC Class 4 card I had (albeit only 8GB) - this also completed OK, but the unit could not boot on that either.
- I have established that the emonPi is configuring its IP address, even though it does not get as far as displaying it, and I can ping it reliably on my local network.
- I can also SSH into the unit, using its IP address, username pi, but had to use password ‘raspberry’ (emonpi2016 did not work). Having got access, I’ve no idea what to do in there, so this is for info only.
- There is no response from the address on a web browser.
- Neither the front panel pushbutton, or the one on the PCB have any effect.
Given the above, can somebody suggest what should be my next steps to getting this working again.