Emonhub fails to start after power outage today

I have to be honest and say I have never had a Pi not come back up on power cycle. Power surge is a different matter. The only exception was when the SD Card was failing anyway. I’ve had RPis since the first pre-order of the A from RS Components opened. The only failures have been caused by excessive writes to the card.

That’s been my experience as well. My first Pi was purchased in August of 2012 and is still going
strong, although not on the same SD card that I put in it when I first got it. But the card that’s in it now has been in place for almost five years, and the power in rural Oklahoma where I live, is anything but reliable.

We live at the southern end of Tornado Alley. Along with the convective/mesocyclonic weather,
we get a healthy dose of electrical activity. It wouldn’t be a stretch to say the power here is flaky.

1 Like

You’ve been very lucky then. Mind that I am talking about power failures specifically, not power cycling by means of a switch or even pulling the plug. Power failures can result in much more complex waveforms.

It sounds like Bill has been extremely lucky.

I have asked Raspberry engineers on their forum and they’ve confirmed the vulnerability.