Emoncms V10.2.2 release + .org upgrade

Top work highfive

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Emoncms v10.2.1 New MQTT Topic Filter

I noticed a bug in the Sync module upload function that I’ve now fixed. I’ve also added a ‘Download All’ and ‘Upload All’ button to make this easier. I’ve merged this feature into stable and tagged v2.0.5.

I use the Sync module to backup the feeds on my home pi to an instance of emoncms running on my Ubuntu laptop. Using the upload feature to do this from the pi means I don’t have to have any emoncms services running on my main computer, it just needs to be a basic emoncms installation.

Emoncms.org is now also up-to-date with the current release Emoncms.org Upgraded to V10.2.1

What’s the easiest way to manually update - I’m running on a Debian PC and get this message after clicking the update button

Starting update via service-runner-update.sh (v3.0) ><br />
- emonSD version: emonSD-15Jan2018<br />
emonSD-17Jun2015<br />
ERROR: emonSD base image old or undefined...update will not continue<br />
See latest verson: https://github.com/openenergymonitor/emonpi/wiki/emonSD-pre-built-SD-card-Download-&-Change-Log<br />
Stopping update</details><br />

How did you install?

@TrystanLea emonSD base image old or undefined if undefined I think the update should continue as it is clearly not a Pi image.

From memory I ran the EmonScripts using the Debian instructions.

Ok, great so a newish install. What version does it currently say?

I just tried it on my Ubuntu install and it was OK. We did change some things around this so maybe the base update script is not updating first.

Try

cd /opt/openenergymonitor/EmonScripts
git pull

And then run the update.

1 Like

I think that might be unlikely, that would raise a question over where the 2 image dates of emonSD-15Jan2018 and emonSD-17Jun2015 come from in the error message.

I suspect the version file may have been corrupted or edit to facilitate a previous update and perhaps there are 2 images listed in the file, hence the content doesn’t match any single date and doesn’t proceed.

An install via the scripts on Debian does not put anything in /boot or shouldn’t if the pienv variable is set correctly.

@kevin - just check /boot for a file 'emonSD` - it shouldn’t be there.

I don’t doubt that, but where would a date of 2015 spring up from on a install created via a script born in 2019? Maybe it isn’t an emonScript install?

Where is the version kept on a Debian based “emonScript” install? Is it still a emonSDxxxx? Why isn’t it kept in the boot dir for consistency?

It seems I have 2 EMONSD files in /boot

emonSD-17Jun2015
emonSD-15Jan2018

and from memory I had quite a game trying to get the backup script to do a restore so I likely had to create at least one of them for that. In this case should I delete them both? Whats the route it takes to do an update? Its late here so I’ll get onto it tomorrow

Yes that is possible - if the above request to update the EmonScripts local repo fails we will know that :grinning:.

There is not one.

Ok, we need to establish exactly how you did the install. I mentioned a folder above, does it exist?

Yes it does,

returns “Already up to date”

Deleting both emonSD files allowed the update to work. Thanks for your help.

By way of a little background this was a V9 system that was migrated from a Pi some time ago. When moving to V10 I backed up and deleted everything to do with emoncms, then updated the OS before installing, emoncms V10, then manually restoring as the restore function didn’t work on my system. The emonSD files must have remained from the original Pi and inside one of them I’d left a comment about it being needed to enable backup to work.

1 Like

Since the update last 2 day.
My Dashboard show errors…

Emoncms - user login ( should be public accessible…)
expect the problem somewhere in the batt percentage.

EmonCMS Error

Route: Modules/vis/visualisations/common/vis.helper.js
Line: 100
Column: 40

Hello @Andreas_Munzenmaier looks like there’s a new issue associated with the units field for the graph. I’ve commented out the % unit for now to fix the issue temporarily. I’ve created an issue to improve unit support here: Visualisation units not encoded properly · Issue #1564 · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub