EmonCMS throwing Fatal Error after factory reset

There is a steep learning curve on this (!) and I was struggling with multiple feeds, devices, inputs and decided to go back to start again with the benefit of a bit of hindsight. Followed the instructions in the guide document and all appeared to be fine. The display on the device is now correct (My Solar app) but when I try to access emonCMS via the web (locally from the same network) i get a Fatal error:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_row() on bool in /var/www/emoncms/Modules/user/user_model.php:852 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/emoncms/Modules/user/user_controller.php(25): User->get_number_of_users() #1 /var/www/emoncms/core.php(75): user_controller() #2 /var/www/emoncms/index.php(242): controller(‘user’) #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/emoncms/Modules/user/user_model.php on line 852

Don’t seem to be able to progress beyond this? Since the screen on the device seems to be fine I don’t think the SD card image can be corrupted, but need help to restore access.

Thanks in advance

Well looks like I resolved the issue, even if I haven’t a clue why it happened. Did a second factory reset and everything seem to be back to normal.

I still like the idea of the capabilities of this system, but right now it is doing my head in!!!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a bit of a steep learning curve, but stick with it. The data you get out of it will be very interesting.

As to your issue, it’s a bit difficult to diagnose from the error message. If it reoccurs we can dig deeper.

1 Like