emonCMS on Raspberry Pi 3 - Inputs page hangs when accepting input from a new node

I don’t understand your problem.

When you send the data from a page in your web browser, in the format you were trying using the test message from Input API Help, you are checking and testing the Input, and if the same numbers in the test string appear on the Inputs page itself (not the Inputs API Help page), the test was passed.

Remember I only know what you write here, I don’t know what is inside your head. Maybe you need to explain what you want to achieve?

Hi Robert.

Apologize for my explanations.

I am running a random variable generator in python and I wanted to send the generated data to emoncms.

What kind of energy monitoring device is that?

You must arrange for the “random variable generator in python” to send the data in the same format and to the same address as the test message shown on the API Help page.

Hi Robert.

Thank you for your reply.

Now everything is OK and why my database doesn’t show any value…? It shows NULL in my database but i can see the value in my Emoncms input.

Will you help me Robert.

What steps have you got in the Input Processing for that input?

Which database are you talking about? - we call it a “Feed”.

Does the test string, when you send it from your web browser, result in an appearance on the Feeds page?

If you don’t understand these questions, look at the “Guide” and “Log locally”.

Hi Robert.

Yes, I am getting the Feeds with the values.

I am talking about the MariaDB server database. I am not getting Feed values in the Database. It shows NULL values in emoncms database in the input table.

You’re not using the Feeds (built-in databases) then?

I’ve never looked into using any other database such as MariaDB. How are you sending the data there? Because normally, the database is either PHPFINA or PHPTIMESERIES, which you select when you set up the Feed; and that’s because with large amounts of data, other databases, e.g. MariaDB or MySQL, become extremely slow.

IIRC, the Maria database stores metadata vice measurement data,
Measurement data are stored in a database called phpfina.

Hi Robert and Bill,

Thank you very much for your reply.

In my Emoncms, feeds have used PHPFINA engines. Is it all the datas are stored in PHPFINA…? How I can see the stored data…?

Have you actually read the Guide? Try looking in there - you are looking in emonCMS for Graphs and Dashboards. It’s not reasonable to expect me to rewrite the Guide here.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

I came to know that from guide, mysql databases stored with the data framework. And all the feed recorded datas are stored in PHPFina and PHPTimeSeries databses.

Now, how can i see the feed recorded data in PHPFina and PHPTimeSeries databses?

I am extremely sorry I am new to the EMONCMS platform. I am learning day by day.

Yes, I know there is a lot to learn, and it can be difficult even for me to find the information I require. But I did write:

Have you looked in those places?

Hi Robert.

I got the stores data.

Robert will you please help me with how to read the data from the feed…?

I have only one feed with id number 8. How read the value from the feed by using python.

I don’t know Python. All the information about Feeds is in - would you believe - the ‘Learn’ section, under Electricity Monitoring (of course), Timeseries. The source code is in PHP, it should not be very difficult to transcribe it into Python.

Hello @vasanthk239 the standard way to view the data stored in PHPFina and PHPTimeseries is via the emoncms interface of course, but if you want to access the data directly at a low level using python the code in the python based emoncms data downloader and conversion to csv tool might be useful here: https://github.com/emoncms/usefulscripts/blob/master/backup_py/convert_to_csv.py

Hi Trystan and Robert,

Will you please guide me on how to send the data to Influxdb …?

I have only one Feed and it uses the PHPfina engine. Now, I want to import the incoming data from PHPFina to Influxdb.

Sorry, I know nothing about influxdb either. Is there no information on-line that will help you?

Dear Robert,

Now only I have started learning about it. And one more thing, is that in PHPFina engine it stores the raw data to somewhere …?

Where do you think the data might be stored? Where could it be stored?

Have you looked on your Raspberry Pi?

Can you see anything in the directory structure that might suggest it is somewhere to look in detail?

Sorry @vasanthk239 I cant help with importing into influxdb Im afraid.