Double quotes are gone from json response

I had emoncms 9.2 running on my hosted linux server. When I did/do …/emoncms_old/feed/value.json?id=15
I receive response in double quotes such as: “8.55291200392”

Today I updated to the 9.8 version. double quotes are missing from the json response:
Server: nginx/1.10.3
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:47:00 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: close
Cache-Control: max-age=172800
Expires: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:47:00 GMT
Vary: User-Agent,Accept-Encoding

d (DOES NOT SHOW ALL THE TIME)
0 (DOES NOT SHOW ALL THE TIME)

Is there any way to get the double quotes around the value back? I had a script in Arduino to look for " to parse the value… now it is gone and I can’t get the value back :frowning:

Sorry, it was decided that returning the last feed value as a numerical number was preferable. There was an extensive forum discussion about this.

You will need to update your script or stick with Emoncms 9.2 on your local server.

any hacks I can do, such as modifying php files to bring it back?

Do you know which file composes the response to json GET request?

The GitHub discussion is here I think (which points to other related issues). Unwinding it might be tricky! I think you will be better off updating the receiving end or passing it through a node-red node to add the quotes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I have read that thread earlier. It just states that someone thought it is a great idea to remove double quotes and it was removed … I tried changing my end of parsing but the way arduino receives response from the GET is weird. Sometimes the is a char “d” just a line before the value, sometimes “c” so it is very hard to predict where the actual value will start. With " I was able to know exactly where the return value was. I know what file is responsible of returning the JSON response I can edit it myself to suite my needs or copy old version from 9.2.