DIYBMS v4

Dave,

There are a few users here who run Influx and Grafana. (which includes me)
Unless you have a really weird issue, you should be able to get some help running them.

Both apps have very active forums, so help is available there too.

1 Like

Thanks. I was answering @Klaus_Riedmuller, he was asking for help.
I do still post from diyBMSv4 to my influxDB, so when I get some time can look at some history maybe. Set retention to 1 month.

Oooh necesito un manual para dummies para los primeros pasos y conectar las placasā€¦ soy un desastre y el ingles mi cruz
Oooh I need a manual for dummies for the first steps and connect the plates ā€¦ I am a disaster and English my cross

1 Like

480 Ohms entre los dos polos es correcto
480 Ohms between the two poles is correct

thanks thanks thanks

No, that seems very low to me - is this the + and - terminals ?

Hi all,
I believe that I will embark on the adventure but first thank you @Stuart for his work and his sharing ā€¦

I tried to order from JLCPcb (for PCBs as well as SMT assembly) with some file find on the jlcpcb_assembly branch:

• Modules:
    File for PCB:
    gerber.zip
    File for SMT Assembly:
    BOM file: github.com~/stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4/blob/jlcpcb_assembly/Circuit/v4_bom_jlc.csv
    CPL file: github.com~/stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4/blob/jlcpcb_assembly/Circuit/v4_cpl_jlc.csv
    During validation I end up with the ATTINY841 component with the status: No part selected and canā€™t validate with ref C219103 which should match?

• Controller
    File for PCB:
    Controller_Gerber.zip
    File for SMT Assembly:
    I canā€™t find the BOM and CPL filesā€¦

Maybe they are not yet available? I am ready to help if necessary and thank you in advance.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

JLCPCB donā€™t offer ATTINY841. So you must buy at another shop and solder by yourself.

For the controller do not exists BOM and CPL at the moment. But there are not so many components to solder.
You can find the LCSC part numbers in the post from @atanisoft

Hi Nick,

For ATTINY841 ok, I will order from Farnell.

Maybe I can spend a little time to understand the BOM and CPL files (prefer to do that of the soldering, Iā€™m not very good ā€¦) so that I only have one order at JLCPcb.

They come from KiCad BOM and CPL files? Otherwise a good text editor, et voilaā€¦

Thank you

Ok but thanks for replying!

I have some trouble by using my Raspberry Pi Zero as Acces Point, to connet the D1 mini.
Iā€™ve installed a fresh Rasbian version und used this manual to install an AP: Raspi Tutorial

The D1 mini connected to my Raspberry, but I was not able to open the webpage of the DIY BMS. But i was able to ping the IP address via console.

So I installed RaspAP and it happend exactly the same. The D1 Mini is connecting to my Raspberry, but I canā€™t open the Webpage of the BMSā€¦
Maybe some can help me?

The diyBMSv4 console, go into ā€œIntegrationā€, setup the IP address, DB name, User name, and Password. This will enable BMSv4 to post to the influxDB on the Raspberry.

So, you need to download and install InfluxDB on the Raspberry, then create your DB name, and User plus password. This must be done before you can enable posting from BMSv4 via integration.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
Ok, installing the InfluxDB will be my next step, but i have some prior problems with the normal DIY BMS Controller Webpage : I canā€™t open the page in my browser, when iā€™ve connected the D1 mini to my Access Point (Raspberry Zero).

This is the IP address of my D1 Mini (shown in the RaspAP Webpage).

When I try to connect via Browser to 10.3.141.104, I canā€™t access to the DIY BMS Webpageā€¦ Can you access to the page via your Raspberry?

Hi all,

I advance on the BOM and CPL files for the controller, I finally managed to export the positionsā€¦
It is possible to replace U2, an HMHA2801 by an HMHA2801AR2, although I read the specifications I know nothing about it ā€¦ because it is available at JLCPcb.

The packaging is not the same (SOP-4_P1.27 vs SOIC-4) but I saw the footprint in the KiCad library.

Thank

I can access the BMS with my browser on my computer, but it is a local IP within my home network. 192.168.1.110. I assigned it a static IP. And yes I can connect with the raspberry via the browser with this IP address. Raspberry connects to TV via HDMI and I can access it through VNC viewer (must be enabled on raspberry).

This is on my local network, cannot access it from internet without some more setup.

Just a note on security - there isnā€™t any!

The DIYBMS (or to that matter any ESP based device) must never be placed on the internet as they do not have the capacity for bullet proof encryption and anti-hacking measures.

If you want remote access to the BMS, setup a VPN connection back to your home network using a router or RaspberryPI for instance.

Where are you trying to open the page from? A laptop/desktop or the Raspberry?

If from a laptop are you also connected to the Raspberry PI wifi access point?

If the 2801 isnā€™t available swap and use the EL3H7(B)(TA)-G

Part number C32565

https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/Everlight-Elec-EL3H7-B-TA-G_C32565.pdf

Thank you stuart,

@stuart

If the 2801 isnā€™t available swap and use the EL3H7(B)(TA)-G

It took me a long time to realize that this change had already been made for the module ā€¦ Sorry

I forked with a new branch: full_jlcpcb_assembly in order to share.

Now, for the controller all the SMC are installed by JLCPcb (U2 and U3 included)ā€¦

I canā€™t wait to place my orders ā€¦ :blush:

@Tiger_One & @stuart, thanks! But you are using a regular router in between your D1 mini and raspberry pi, right? When I do so (using a ordinary wlan-router), I can open the DIY BMS webpage with my smartphone/tablet/notebook via wlan easily. Thahtā€™s all right!

But in my case: Iā€™m using my 2p7s60p powerwall with BMS far-off without any wlan/ home network. So I like to use my raspberry pi as access point (with RaspAP for example). Later, (in the next steps) i also like to establish the influxDB/grafana service. I set up RaspAP now on the Pi Zero and the Pi 4, but i have the same problem: I canā€™t open the webpage from my Raspberry or notebook/desktop. But I can send/receive pingā€¦

In the first screenshot is the raspberry Pi 4 desktop (So the D1-mini ESP (10.3.141.104) is connected to the RaspAP hotspot(10.3.141.1))
On the left the ping (is working), on the right the browser webpage (no connection). In the background there is the RaspAP Frontend (and the ESP is connected properly).

In the second screenshot is the the view from my windows-desktop, connected via wlan to the RaspAP. So I try to connect to the DIY BMS webpage via the Raspberry in the middle. Same problem: Ping is working well, but i canā€™t disply the webpageā€¦this is confusing?

I think, this will be a Raspberry issue - so this forum might not be the best place to ask - but maybe you have some hints?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Klaus

If you ping another component but the browser cannot connect: no service that listens and responds on port 80 of the component.

This is where I would look ā€¦

When DIYBMS starts up it starts an NTP lookup to get the date and time - this normally goes to the internet, so its possible this is hanging the startup.

Can you connect a serial cable/interface to the 2 debug pins on the DIYBMS controller and see what its reporting ?