DIYBMS v4

I was only planning on ordering so many boards just to have them for future projects. Instead of paying shipping again.

Also if I was to order them from that link from the UK would they arrive faster than jlcpcb? My last order took about a week to get to the US

JLC usually take 10-15 days depending on the service you pay for.

Oh, last time I just ordered blank pcbā€™s not there SMT service

So I would receive them faster if I got them for the UK? And there pre-built Iā€™m assuming correct?

Hi im just about to order some boards from jlc, i notice the part they have put in Q1 position isnt the exact one from your BOM file they have filled it with this

ā€˜MOSFET N Trench 30V 5.8A 1.4V @ 250uA 35 mĪ© @ 5.8A,10V SOT-23 RoHSā€™ part number C347475

instead of part number C20917 from your BOM
N Channel 30V 5.7A 1.5V @ 250uA 26.5mĪ© @ 5.7A,10V 1.4W SOT-23-3L MOSFET RoHS

Will this do the same job? Thanks Jack

Forget that ive just seen your link to UK shop and ive ordered from there! Thanks looking foward to setting it up!

1 Like

@stuart i got the v4 board of the cell module and the cell module, can i use the latest code and where do i find the BOM for the v4 board. I need to check whether i have all the components needed since i ordered quite a while back the components.

They are 95% complete, but come with all the parts needed to assemble.

The BOM for v4 is in the master branch on GitHub.

https://github.com/stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4/blob/master/CellModules_LCSC_BillOfMaterials.xlsx

Could someone tell me what cable i should search for and buy to go from the controller to the 5v relay board please? I tried male to male 6 pin JST but im not sure this is right. Thanks

Search for ā€˜dupont connectorā€™ 2.54mm

1 Like

Or you can just solder the pins together.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a question on the boards.
The Sensor 1; 5 pin: What plugs into that or what does that go to operating?
The other Pin (AVR-ISP-6) what is it for?

Iā€™ve tried looking up youtube vids, gone back to schematic and looked over the datasheet. Iā€™m too n00b so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ty, Jesse James

This might help for those that want to do a Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) battery bank and order through JLCPCB, these values can only be used in LTO chemistry battery, warning do not use for any other type of batteries

v4_bom_jlc_titanate.csv (778 Bytes)
v4_cpl_jlc_titanate.csv (2.0 KB)

1 Like

Has anyone gone about putting a heatsink on the resistor bank for greater heat dissipation?

Did you move the onboard thermistor?

Hey fellaz,

Iā€™m glad to part of the family.

Just placed my order for all the boards.

Also a 4-channel 5v relay module and 100a SSR.

For current monitoring, I found a
ACS758LCB-100B-PFF-T rated for 100 amps.

As for temperature monitoring what type of thermistor is recommended?

Is there a repository or a place or I can find information on what type of sensors and add-ons are being used with the diybms and how to implement them?

1 Like

The sensor port - only 2 pins are used to connect an external temperature sensor.

The ISP header is to program the ATTINY micro controller using a USBASP programming adapter.

I brought 20mm x 14mm x 6mm high heatsinks to try out on resistor bank ( 4 set of 20 )
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/402252266112.
I am a bit impatient as the boards have not turned up in the mail yet.

Ty Stuart, that makes much more sense in my head now :slight_smile:

Just make sure you insulate between the heatsink and the resistors or they will short out.